Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

A friend is terminally ill?

I watched my father die slowly from M.S. It was more than I could bare.

And although he's gone and out of pain, I find I can't be around sick people as easily as I used too. I lost another friend to Hep

B a few years back, she went hard. I don't think I can do it again. I feel terrible because all I want to do is run. But my conscience won't let me.

Favorite Answer

Sab is delusional.

The old testament (aka. the real bible) states that eating shrimp and wearing polyester is as bad as being gay and that the Sun rotates around the Earth - Glorified Stupidity.

It's natural for you to want to run away. It's a painful experience and it must feel like such a weight on you that's making you depressed. It's natural but I think he/she'd want you to be there for her and I'm sure she'd be there for you if you needed someone. Depend on friends outside to support you when you're feeling down so you can support your friend. It's okay to feel like this. It's normal. If it gets to be too much you can take a break. Friends understand. You're there to be there for her and brighten her day and she doesn't expect you to be there all the time. I'd be grateful to have a friend come to brighten my day if I was terminally ill and I certainly wouldn't expect her to stay the whole time; that would make me feel guilty.

Source(s): I'm a Progressive. Studies in psychology and human development indicates a clear arc. Humans become more expansive in their love other other humans as time goes by. Suddenly blacks were people, suddenly women were people, suddenly gays counted.

I have a lot of friends who are terminally ill, it is hard at times but put yourself in there shoes. How would you feel if you got sick and all of the sudden your friends and family didn't want to be around you anymore?

Have you ever read the book "The Four Agreements"? I highly suggest it. It's awesome and I think will hopefully help you with this as well as many other things in life and how to go about them. I know it did for me.

There is hope beyond gave

there is life beyond death.

Help your friend and you to prepare for that eternity where no more death sorrow sickness but life for ever with Jesus.

Know the way and follow it. This world is not my own, I am just passing through. I am a pilgrim

Jesus said- Mat-11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Joh-14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Rev 22:11. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

1 Thes 4:18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.