Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

what does it feel like to get your braces off!?

i'm getting mine off in 2 weeks!

what was your experience during, and after.

and how long does it take?

thanks (:

Favorite Answer

During you will hear a small "pop" with every bracket coming off, it doesn't really hurt but it is a noticeable feeling. I suggest taking a store bought pain reliever like motrin, aleve, or advil before so that way if your teeth are sensitive, it will be kicked in by the time the orthodontist begins. after words my teeth were pretty sensitive but i could still eat basically anything except like steak, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. but two days later, i could eat anything. it only takes a short time, my tops and bottoms were off in about 30 minutes, then with the drilling and scraping of the glue, it was about a whole 45 minutes. just relax and be calm, you will be fine!

:]

Getting your braces off feels weird at first because you are used to the braces being there.

They drill off the glue. It doesn't hurt. Unless you have cavities that haven't been treated. It doesn't take that long. Not at all really. It was about 30 minuets with me, but I did step one and had very simple braces on.

Be sure and brush your teeth really good before you go, that way it will be easier for the orthodontist to tell if he/she has missed any glue. It wasn't bad at all. Just smile. And be happy, no worries! :)