Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you think Dexter Season 4 will suck worse than season 3?

I loved Dexter, on Showtime. I had read the books before it was a tv show. Season 1 was one of the best tv shows i have ever seen. Season 2 was good. However, season 3 was absolutly god awful. The story line was unoriginal, the script was poorly written, the acting poor and the new characters underdeveloped.

Jimmy Smits acting was terrible and his character uninspiring. King, the skinner, was treated as a brutal killed throughout the entire season, only to be dispatched by Dexter in seconds in a terrible fight scene.

So do you fans out there think season 4 will be worse than season 3, or will it recapture the excitment of season 2 or even season 1?

Favorite Answer

Man, you must be my freaking soul mate! Jimmy Smits was the worst thing that ever happened to Dexter. That guy can´t act at all. And I feared this all along, because HOW can you sustain the great writing from the previous seasons? I am so afraid that John Litgow will be doing the same mistake in season 4. Hire more folks from "Oz" , they are doing a spectacular job on Dexter, those who preceeded this show with OZ. Why do you need to hire som semi-celebrity?? The acting on Dexter is what makes the show and these kind of people will just ruin it, I think bringing in these kind of actors indicates that the Dexter staff has no idea of where to go with the story.

Keith Carradine is coming back as "Special Agent Lundy", though. That is something that I look forward to. And from the previews I´ve seen, Ramon Prado (If only that guy should have played Miguel Prado intstead) is after Dexter and THAT is one hell of an actor as well, so season 4 should be interesting at least. But I guess we will find out! Check the link below, more people that think like us.

I actually really like season 3. I thought it was a good progression of the overall story, with Dexter thinking he had somebody to share with. I agree about the skinner, that part of the story wasn't great.

I think Season 4 will be great. I'm looking forward to seeing John Lithgow as a serial killer. Maybe not quite as great as season 1, but hopefully it will restore your faith in the show. I think Dexter is one of the best-written, best-acted shows on tv.

I didn't think season 3 was a bad as you did, however it is definitely the weakest season yet. I do think season 4 will be better. Dexter becoming a father could get interesting.

I still haven't read any of the books, but I intend to soon.

• heaven

Jericho isn't too undesirable. in case you like Joss Whedon, Buffy the Vampire Slayer become astonishing! popular show of all time. Then there is the derivative--Angel (in spite of the undeniable fact that i did not like that as plenty). The place of work is hilarious! The sequence isn't over, besides the undeniable fact that that's on season 8, so which you have plenty to computer screen. How I Met your mom is yet another solid one--very very humorous! I see you listed some physician/well-being facility shows you probably did not like...have you ever tried ER? large sequence, from beginning as much as end. incredibly some drama!! Jericho Buffy Angel The place of work How I Met Your mom ER

• RaTz

I mostly agree with you... Season 3 was maybe not god-awful but not worthy of s1 & s2. The books have been getting worse as the series progressed so maybe they are out of ideas to scavenge. I don't know, I hope it doesn't suck.

baby dex is gonna steal the show and i think there will be lots of laughs and revelations about who dexter is. it should be interesting!