Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why can't I follow my own advice?

I've helped many of my friends start their relationships, and I've helped many of them gain the confidence they need to ask someone out. Yet, I can't even introduce myself to a girl at the mall...Don't know why I'm so bad with my life, but I can help others lives.

Favorite Answer

I completely understand. Let me just say that it is so much easier to critique someone else and tell them what to do because you are not the one doing it. I feel the same way. It's easier to give advice and watch and see what happens then to actually take control and do things that you give advice for.

We just have to learn to have confidence in our self. I have one theory I haven't put in motion yet, but in my case I would write out my problem down and try to solve it like it was one of the questions here on Yahoo. That has helped and I have gotten help from others as well. Even if you are good at helping others, every one needs help time to time so just ask someone for some advice. That way it will boost your confidence and you will hopefully finally take the initiative.