Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

Serious question about nascar?

please dont flame me or anything because i really want to know how you guys get into nascar, I love every sport but not Nascar what do you guys think is so interesting about so I could like it. Thanks

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Instead of just relying on what I had heard, or catching a lap here and there on TV, I went to see a race in person (Richmond) and it was a different experience. The sounds, wrecks, passes, tailgating, etc. Try a Nationwide series race in person. If you like that, then try a Cup series race. It also helps if you have a favorite or two to cheer for.

• 1 decade ago

Teamwork matters in NASCAR. All the adjustments with the cars have to be just right, and conditions can change which can throw everything off. Something that can be interesting, is seeing the drivers moving up through the ranks. It's cool to see how they improve from being in a lower series like the trucks or nationwide series. NASCAR isn't just a sport, I see it as a way of life.

• mbl
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

We get this question quite a bit here. I've yet to hear someone lay out an argument for why its NOT exciting. Whats not exciting about 43 cars with 800 hp each racing for 400 miles?

• 1 decade ago

jedi master said it best!! the last 20 laps were intense, watch this week in nascar on monday a 8 eastern to look at replays and that kind of thing, they're were at least 6 wrecks in the last 20 laps going for the win

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I thought that you didn't want to see cars driving in circles???

John

Why are people mad at mayfield for taking performance enhancing drugs ITS NASCAR!?

2 days ago - 2 days left to answer.

Additional Details

how my grammar horrible i dont care any way who wants to see cars go in circles

2 days ago

Answer QuestionReport Abuse

• 1 decade ago

It's the Ford vs chevy vs dodge vs toyauto thing. Plus You have to pick a couple of drivers that you can learn to hate so you can get on here and ask Why did so and so put Kyle Busch into the wall? basically ! It helps to be a red neck from the South.

• 1 decade ago

I started a big, long answer to this....then I stopped. You just need to follow the season for a while. Pick a driver and see what happens!

• Kylez
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

My whole family likes it so I grew up around it and love it so much! I don't know why I just do!

Source(s): Mark Martin #5 Hendrick Motorsports
  • evan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Go to a short track race you will be hooked

• 1 decade ago

Watch the last 20 laps of tonight's race. You'll see.

Source(s): the force
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.