Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Fellow atheists, how do we respond to this biblical proof?

http://www.pacinst.com/efh/chapter1/wheel.jpg

Apparently they found a chariot wheel and some bodies at the bottom of the red sea (the story of moses). I found this fascinating, but I remain skeptical. What do you think? Does this prove God?

Update:

Note: I am atheist, that's why I said fellow atheists. I am just not sure how to respond to seeing that.

Update 2:

I meant bones not bodies, sorry.

Update 3:

the wheels were also gold, for those of you still obsessed with this question.

31 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It might indicate there was a Tsunami there at some point... or a shipwreck... or that sea levels have changed there...

Nope... it does not prove a god.

• 1 decade ago

Aahh a question I can dig into, so as a Preachers Kid . . .

First one must define Bushit, Bushit is a Lie with just enough Truth added to make the Lie Plausible.

The Old Testament is nothing more then the History of the Jewish people. As there is NO mention of God making/Creating;

The Egyptians, Pharisees, Turks, Greeks, Romans, Persians, etc. . .

The New Testament has 3 times the words of Paul vs Christ. It's Christian not Paulian!

The Bible was complied 300 years after Jesus by a Cesar (I forget his name) trying to unify the early Christians and Pagans, whose war was destroying Rome.

The Red Sea is only Fifty feet deep in some points.

Siht Happens!

I remember a documentary from the early 60's that went on a quest for Noah's Ark. It was found, broken in half, part in a very high mountain valley on the boarder of Turkey and some other country they are Pissy with. The other half in-cased in a glacier some 1500 feet above.

So, Biblical Proof or Truth?

There has to be Truth in there because Lies are to easily unraveled.

Religion is Man's studies of a Higher Power. It has NOTHING to do with Being Righteous!

And has been Preverted to serve the Greed of a few.

Have a good week!

Source(s): Trikerphilosophy/"Son of a Preacher Man"
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wood does not last thousands of years in the water. Unless god also sprinkled his magic dust on the wheel and allowed it to remain spotless at the bottom of the sea for centuries, then this is just a random wheel dropped into the ocean from, say, a tsunami? Those are a totally uncommon phenomena that occur a couple of time a year though, so no way...

• Gary
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

At some point in the last few thousand years, someone threw a chariot wheel into the Red Sea.

Also, at various points, people drowned in the Red Sea.

I think it's interesting that there is no record outside the Bible of the shambles Egypt had been left in when the Israelites left. If all the firstborn children in the US died, and the livestock died, and Americans were plagued by gnats and frogs and the rivers turned to blood, don't you think someone would record such an event?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

A chariot wheel and SOME bodies? Not Pharaoh's army? Let's see how we can explain this. Some people fell off their chariots into the red sea. Pretty simple right?

• 1 decade ago

You should be skeptical.

Scientists have uncovered far more convincing articles than a chariot wheel and bones. Their finding which are millions of years old, making the theory of evolution far more believable than any other.

Why are people so quick to dismiss something that IS logical (science) and replace it with belief in something that has been written and re-written time and time again. If the Bible is truth, why has it been altered so many times?

• DaM
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

How do they know it's a chariot wheel?

What proof that there are human bones?

What makes them think these bones are the right age even?

http://www.pacinst.com/route/redsea.htm

Not a reliable source here.Nothing to even argue against.

• 1 decade ago

Bodies for the time of Moses at the bottom of the Red Sea? That seem extremely far fetched. They would have been fully decomposed after a few months.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Find a river, a stream or a sea where the Romans were that does not have such artifacts in it!!!

They also found a lot of wine vessels - does that proves that the christians were all drunkards who threw there empties away!!

• 1 decade ago

That could explain much of nothing. Wars happen all the time both at sea, by land and not too long ago by air.

We need to ask ourselves why does the deities not show themselves if they are all so real. Think about it carefully how ridicules this all sounds in a lot of ways.

• 1 decade ago

Unless it's metal, highly unlikely, it would have rotted, but even if it was, it proves nothing other than there is a wheel in the water...

EDIT: The Pharoah goes into battle with gold chariot wheels?

Source(s): IMHO
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.