Was USA thumping Spain really an upset?

Sure Spain had won 35 in a row, but this USA soccer we are talking about! Favorites to win the 2010 world cup!

Favorite Answer

A shock more...

Everyone expect's the U.S.A to be terrible, I do believe that you could have a better team - because I do believe the U.S.A spend's MORE money on training your football "stars" than many European countries..

;) But I do believe the support of a Nation can help you win

You ONLY won 2-0... You also got a Red card... and we were missing one of our best players

also I will say that you did defend well.. I think we went expecting to win, so we lost (I myself didn't even WATCH the game, I thought it would be an EASY win...many of the bars near me didn't even show the game with cheap drinks)

^^, it was an unexpected win, which we should have played better

our next games (at the End of Summer) are witth België... Estonia... and Arminia... maybe we will make the same mistake !?

They beat Spain but it wasn't a thumping. The USA had all the breaks. You get lucky like that sometimes. It does a team good to lose once in a while. The USA may have a good team, but they haven't got a brilliant team like the South Americans or the Italian's or German's. Oh yes, Spain are in that group too. As they say, one swallow doesn't make a summer!!

i think this is all rigged there is no way that U.S could beat the best teams in the world like that Italy, Spain come on. I leave here and whatever but there is no way U.S soccer is so way back from European soccer.

They ARE??? LOLOLOL!!!!! USA Soccer!?

Yeah, I think it was an upset!

And, what does this have to do with TRAVEL? Shouldn't it be in sports?

And, not exactly a "THUMPING", anyway!