Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Was USA thumping Spain really an upset?

Sure Spain had won 35 in a row, but this USA soccer we are talking about! Favorites to win the 2010 world cup!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A shock more...

Everyone expect's the U.S.A to be terrible, I do believe that you could have a better team - because I do believe the U.S.A spend's MORE money on training your football "stars" than many European countries..

;) But I do believe the support of a Nation can help you win

You ONLY won 2-0... You also got a Red card... and we were missing one of our best players

also I will say that you did defend well.. I think we went expecting to win, so we lost (I myself didn't even WATCH the game, I thought it would be an EASY win...many of the bars near me didn't even show the game with cheap drinks)

^^, it was an unexpected win, which we should have played better

our next games (at the End of Summer) are witth België... Estonia... and Arminia... maybe we will make the same mistake !?

• 1 decade ago

They beat Spain but it wasn't a thumping. The USA had all the breaks. You get lucky like that sometimes. It does a team good to lose once in a while. The USA may have a good team, but they haven't got a brilliant team like the South Americans or the Italian's or German's. Oh yes, Spain are in that group too. As they say, one swallow doesn't make a summer!!

• 1 decade ago

i think this is all rigged there is no way that U.S could beat the best teams in the world like that Italy, Spain come on. I leave here and whatever but there is no way U.S soccer is so way back from European soccer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They ARE??? LOLOLOL!!!!! USA Soccer!?

Yeah, I think it was an upset!

And, what does this have to do with TRAVEL? Shouldn't it be in sports?

And, not exactly a "THUMPING", anyway!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.