Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What do you think about AGUIRRE's 3 games suspension?

is it fair? is it not? you think they should of gone harder on him?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Spud
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it is weak. Here is my reason for feeling this way: this is the OFF CONCACAF Gold Cup (not as meaningful due to the fact it doesn't qualify any country to the Confederations Cup, etc.) Yet, Aguirre still does something like this? It shows no CLASS.

And to pull something like Aguirre did is DISRESPECTFUL to the game of soccer/football/futbol!!!!! For a coach/manager to do something like that is just ridiculous!!!!! Coaches/Managers should be held to a higher standard. Players like Michael Bradley received a 3 games suspension for his antics in South Africa (Possibly a 4th to be added). However a coach/manager can step out of the coach/managers BOX and trip a player while the game is underway (which has a direct impact on the GAME, unlike Bradley approaching the referee in the tunnel AFTER THE GAME).

If Bradley received 3 games, then Aguirre should have received at least 4. That is how I feel; it is just my opinion.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds fair to me. I don't think he had intentions to harm or even kick the player but as coach he needs to set an example for the team.

• 1 decade ago

I guess its fair, a little harsh but its fair. Coaches are punished harsher than players because they are supposed to set an example for the players. A player would have gotten two because it was intentional, but since hes a coach, 3 was given. If mexico makes it to the final, he will be back for the final. I hope mexico makes it to the final, because we really our coach in the qualifiers.

Source(s): @SPUD: Aguirre didnt trip him. It wasnt while the game was still going on. The ball had gone out of the pitch. He attempted to kick the player, he really didnt even touch him. For an ''attempt'', 3 games is fair. As far as bradley goes, you CANNOT, question a referee, especially aterd the game, cuz FIFA will come down on you hard.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i think of that wut aguirre did become immature because of the fact the mexican soccer team already have adequate problems to beat. For aguirre to not be there interior the azteca will prolly make da followers disenchanted that he cares that little with regard to the team to do something which will now placed his communities destiny in jeapordy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kido
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I didn't see what Aguirre did so I can't say nothing. From what I've heard I think he just deserves 1 game.

• 1 decade ago

Se lo merece el wey...i hate how our national team plays

• 1 decade ago

i would have gone for 2 games but 3 is ok punishment

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

na three games is fair. para que ya no sea marrano

• 1 decade ago

its not fair i mean he barely even kicked the player and theres some players that leave other players leaving the field in a stretcher and they dont even get yellow cards.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

es WEY QUE NO SABE A QUIEN PONER IGUAL QUE ERIKSON... NA' MAS ANDA PROBANDO GENTE A ESTAS ALLTURA ES ESTUP1DO PROBAR GENTE.... ME DA VERGÜENZA QUE ESO LO PASEN A NIVEL MUNDIAL

AWANTE PUMAS!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.