Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

I have a new dell studio laptop and it's worked fine for about 4 days. Now it wont turn on.?

I have it plugged in and the white battery light is on. when i press the power button the screen wont come on, the mute button and the volume up button flash at the same time. while the volume down button stays lit. i dont have a warranty, please help.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

+those lights are codes. It is either a problem with memory or the system board. In previous encounters with it, the system board has been the problem. However, just because you don't have a warranty does not mean that dell will not help you diagnose the problem. 800-822-8965

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just call dell, you warranty is not up yet if it has only been four days, at the very least they will tell you whats wrong. in my experiences their tech support is pretty good, but i suggest having an online chat with a rep. Since it is all text, it is easier to understand those damn foreigners haha.

• 1 decade ago

I recommend you to call Dell and explain to them what is going on... they have technical support people that can help you, or even give some other options...

Just try to call as soon as possible, since you dont have a warranty and its a new system!!

Source(s): I work for cust serv for Dell...
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow...a new laptop that you had for 4 days? really? dell warranty comes free for a year, and you can contact dell support and they help alot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Return it under warranty

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.