Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

I have a new dell studio laptop and it's worked fine for about 4 days. Now it wont turn on.?

I have it plugged in and the white battery light is on. when i press the power button the screen wont come on, the mute button and the volume up button flash at the same time. while the volume down button stays lit. i dont have a warranty, please help.

+those lights are codes. It is either a problem with memory or the system board. In previous encounters with it, the system board has been the problem. However, just because you don't have a warranty does not mean that dell will not help you diagnose the problem. 800-822-8965

just call dell, you warranty is not up yet if it has only been four days, at the very least they will tell you whats wrong. in my experiences their tech support is pretty good, but i suggest having an online chat with a rep. Since it is all text, it is easier to understand those damn foreigners haha.

I recommend you to call Dell and explain to them what is going on... they have technical support people that can help you, or even give some other options...

Just try to call as soon as possible, since you dont have a warranty and its a new system!!

Source(s): I work for cust serv for Dell...

Wow...a new laptop that you had for 4 days? really? dell warranty comes free for a year, and you can contact dell support and they help alot.

Return it under warranty