Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Faulty pregnancy test or No...help me decide?

I had sex for the first time ever about 2 months ago...in may. and my period came early in june, it came on the 2nd and left the 9th. And then this month i didn't get my period so i became concerned and brought a pregnancy test. it wasn't 5 days after my missed period, it was about 4. and it came out that it was negative. i know your supposed to test it on the fifth day but if i was pregnant couldn't i have tested it on anyday after the first period? So does that mean that it was correct or incorrect? help me out please

• Jlynn
    Favorite Answer

you can actually test 5 days BEFORE your missed period, so the test is most likely accurate. also, if you only had sex in may and had your period in june you aren't pregnant now.

If you've had a period since you had sex you are most likely not pregnant. If you really doubt the test, then the only reliable way to make sure you are not pregnant is to have a blood test done by a doctor.

It is not common for a woman to miss a period. Factors like stress, diet, and weight can all cause a woman to skip her monthly visitor.

I think it is 5 days after your first period when you think you may be pregnant, so like your period in June. Just to be safe I would take the test again after the 5 days are up for this missed period, just to be safe. You probability aren't but its good to be safe and proactive when it comes to situations like this. Good luck:)