Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

ok so i switched to drinking water?

i drank alot of pop and now i switched to drinking water. No more pop and i want to loose weight. I skateboard for proabably 1-2 hours a day and i am starting to do 30 sit ups and 30 leg ups( not really sure what its called) so i was wondering if this will work. And plus i want to know what I have to eat

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Eliminating empty calories from stuff like soda is a great start. Even though it's good that you are outside and skateboarding rather than being inactive, to achieve weight loss you need to elevate your heart rate for at least 15 minutes when you exercise. You need to try to do something like running or aerobics or biking or swimming, and the key is to keep moving. Do not stop and rest to let your heart rate go down and catch your breath. If you find that you must catch your breath, you should instead start exercising at a lower intensity so you can keep going without stopping. Building muscle by starting a weightlifting routine is another great way to burn off more fat, as the muscle you build will be hungry for energy and metabolize your fat deposits. Combine the cardio and the weightlifting for best fitness. If you don't know how, try to ask someone who might be skilled with this stuff, like a parent, friend, or personal trainer.

There is no weight loss from sit ups. Once you lose your gut, you might see some nice musculature, but situps and legups will not make you thinner.

As for the diet questions, that's a huge subject, and you might want to ask a doctor.

• 1 decade ago

Hi, well drink fresh water as much as you can. Water flushes unwanted toxins from your body and keeps your brain sharp. Well obvi skateboarding is good exercise just keep doing what your doing. Don't eat any junk food, no McDonald's etc.

Source(s): I hope that helps a little. :)
  • 1 decade ago

Of course it will healthy eating and exercising always helps you loose weight.!

try eating food with less calories

:)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.