Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Does Michigan State University have a good pre-dentistry program?

i have always wanted to go to University of Michigan Ann Arbor, but i hear that they are more willing to accept students for their dental school from another undergraduate university.

Help?!

Also, i don't know if i have a shot at getting into U of M. I have a 3.7 GPA and a 26 on my ACT.

I have also played tennis for four years, a national honors society member, and was in the german club for 2 years.

Yes, I go to school in the Walled Lake district in Oakland County.

• NAK
    Favorite Answer

I just graduated from Michigan with a econ degree... trust me... go to UofM... it's a much much better school and you will have waaaaaaay better chance of getting into grad school from UofM over MSU... I have heard the same thing that UM prefers other applicants but that has not been the case... I nearly walked into UM public health program (grad) without even applying just by telling them I graduated from UM... unfortunately I was really really late with the process so I got shafted but if I was at least a month earlier they probably would have taken me without even a formal application... I got all the way up to the Dean of our program and he told me there was just no more spots left, they were over-enrolled by nearly 10 people (the whole program is like 60 spots lol, so an extra 10 is A LOT of people)... but yeah they almost let me into their grad school without even an application...

also... after Michigan I was accepted to every grad program that I applied to... 100% acceptance rate... and I didn't even have 3.0 GPA (very very close 2.985)... 3 of those places were top 20 programs... don't even worry about it... go to UofM, get one of the best diplomas in the country and you will be set for life!!! Good luck! There is no way in the world why attending MSU would be better than UofM!!!

P.S. 3.7 is great... 26 ACT is good but probably not UofM standards... I never took the ACT but my SAT equivalent was a 32-33... (with a 36 in math which is what they are really looking for, get your math score up!!!) also it would depend on where your 3.7 is from... I'm assuming you're from MI, which HS? Oakland county or somewhere else? You have a much higher chance of being accepted to UM from Oakland C... also other things matter... get VERY good recommendations... you will need 3 of them! Try to get some EC activities in, but don't put too much on, it would look like you're just padding your resume! And make your essays nothing short of stellar... REALLY take your time on those... also with the letters, you want someone with a high degree writing your letters... a UM alum would be perfect... try to get someone with a Ph.D or Masters at the minimum!

hehe WLC?

Source(s): GOOOOOOOOOOO BLUE!!!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Help?!

Source(s): michigan state university good pre dentistry program: https://tinyurl.im/fYLGG
  • Erika

Msu Dental School

• Diane

Dont go to Grand Valley they are full of stalkers Ive heard. And dumb blondes who dont know that if you are a minority your family will be too.

well it does have AWSOME PRE-DENTISTERY PROGRAM REALLY MY SIS WENT THERE. SHE SAYS ITS AWSOME!!

Source(s): from my sis

Yes they do.