SCAM! They send you more money so that you lose your laptop and the money turns out to be fake. Plus, never trust foreigners UNLESS they have feedback of 5 or more and all positive transactions. You are supposed to send the invoice first and then that buyer pays it from the invoice. Then PayPal notifies you that you must ship the item first because it's PayPal's NEW POLICY. HOWEVER, in your case, 1. he's a new eBayer, 2. no feedback, 3. sending you off-emails of PayPal (what he does is makes a payment from the PayPal site and then requests the item shipped first. this is not safe), and 4. sends you more money than you asked.
REQUEST A CANCEL TRANSACTION FROM EBAY
"they keep sending me emails, it looks as though its off PayPal saying I need to send the item, then get the tracking number then PayPal will put the money in my account. is this right?"
THIS IS TRUE BECAUSE OF PAYPAL HAS A NEW POLICY ABOUT SENDING ITEMS TO INSURE BUYER'S GUARANTEE. It's not a lie because my two recent items I sold on ebay(iPhone and PSP) asked me to ship and then add tracking number. I got both of my money THE NEXT MORNING. However, these people that bought it were LEGIT. In your case, NOT LEGIT. Also, most last two transactions (PS2 and iPod) that I sold gave me my money AS SOON AS IT WAS PAID. So I'm guessing that PayPal is on and off with it's policies. One day it's wants your tracking number, the next time it gives you your money instantly. Weird...
But like I said earlier, YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET SCAMMED because of
1. New eBayer (not safe in any case)
2. Sending more money than you request (not also safe)
3. Redundant statement of above
4. NO FEEDBACK!!!! (never trust those people!)
So cancel the transaction, DO NOT GIVE HIM THE LAPTOP, and resell!
Tips on reselling:
1. Note in your listing about you will cancel any bids that have below 5 feedbacks (Why? because it's safer. Also, it guarantees you to have a honest buyer.)
2. DO NOT SHIP TO FORIEGN COUNTRIES BESIDES CANADA.
(Why? You don't want to go through this scam hassle again do you? Also, you wont get your money as faster as shipping to someone in the US because it's an international deal)
3. Watch out in your bid history for any liars that bid on your laptop. If someone who has great or bad feedback but doesn't live in the US or Canada (if you don't wish to ship internationally), cancel their bids because they didn't follow your rules. <- Again, this is an option for if you dont want to ship internationally. You can check their location by going to bid history and then clicking the "Details" part on the right side of their name.
Hope you get your transaction canceled. Actually, you can give your laptop to the second highest buyer (I just realized this). Go to your activity, then scroll down to your item (dont click on it), then look on the right side and click the down looking arrow and click on "Second Offer." With this option, you can sell your item to any other bidder (make sure it's LEGIT) and sell it to them (however it wont be $120, it will be their highest bid on your auction).
Hope I helped and explained clearly!
P.S. Sorry for the long explanation but I did my best to make it easier for you.
eBay seller and buyer. Experienced a scam on my first item that I sold and learned from it.