I have new management that just took over my apt complex last month. They sent us a letter informing of the?

change and that all terms stay the same. They have sent me 2 letter informing me of my late rent and the due date changes every time. payment it due on the 1st after the 5th it is late. i recently receive a letter stating the rent is due on the 1st and late on the 2nd. can they change terms like that without informing us. Also it that a form of harrassment to constantly theart tentant with court.

Favorite Answer

They are correct, the second is always late.

You are talking about a grace period, not due date. A due date is one day, not a block of days.

If they are removing the grace period they have to inform you 30 days in advance.

This is not harassment, and they can take you to court for being late, this is information, not a threat.

First of all: Rent was always late on the 2nd. The previous managers were giving you a 5 day grace period.

It is illegal to change those terms mid-lease. They will have to wait unitl it is time to renew to make that change.

You do not say what state you are in so we have no way of knowing if that 5 day grace period was granted by state law or not. If it is then it would be illegal for them to revoke it at all.

Source(s): I'm a property manager in Oregon. We have a state required 5 day grace period.