How can TV culture be changed from the current self indulgent claptrap ?

Shows like Top Gear / Fifth gear are now geared (no pun intended) around entertaining the people on the show and have nothing to do with entertaining or informing the viewer.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Only when the brainwashed millions switch of and send a message to the producers. Its bad in UK with a biased BBC pushing a PC liberal agenda at the License fees payers expense.

• The question is WHY is television "self-indulgent claptrap?" It has a sedating effect on people, it dulls their thinking and reality testing and establishes a status quo that people strive for. Therefore, less probability of revolutionaries getting to the airwaves and destabilizing a quirky (American) society.

Ask yourself: when was the last time the big 3 had a nature or history special on prime time? Now frame that answer with today's current offerings.

Not that I don't have my guilty pleasures: I wouldn't dream of missing "Cops" or "Judge Judy."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Only when the millions of square box zombies stop watching the self indulgent clap trap.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We've got the one show for information. what you have to remember is that most of us need a little break from the monotony of life the working day etc, what we don't need is what amounts to a physics lesson in klingon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

As long as people like watching people boosting their own egos I am afraid we will just have to put up with it ,or better still switch off.

Source(s): generally i can't stand all these reality shows.
  • 1 decade ago

true

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.