How can TV culture be changed from the current self indulgent claptrap ?

Shows like Top Gear / Fifth gear are now geared (no pun intended) around entertaining the people on the show and have nothing to do with entertaining or informing the viewer.

Favorite Answer

Only when the brainwashed millions switch of and send a message to the producers. Its bad in UK with a biased BBC pushing a PC liberal agenda at the License fees payers expense.

• The question is WHY is television "self-indulgent claptrap?" It has a sedating effect on people, it dulls their thinking and reality testing and establishes a status quo that people strive for. Therefore, less probability of revolutionaries getting to the airwaves and destabilizing a quirky (American) society.

Ask yourself: when was the last time the big 3 had a nature or history special on prime time? Now frame that answer with today's current offerings.

Not that I don't have my guilty pleasures: I wouldn't dream of missing "Cops" or "Judge Judy."

Only when the millions of square box zombies stop watching the self indulgent clap trap.

We've got the one show for information. what you have to remember is that most of us need a little break from the monotony of life the working day etc, what we don't need is what amounts to a physics lesson in klingon.

As long as people like watching people boosting their own egos I am afraid we will just have to put up with it ,or better still switch off.

Source(s): generally i can't stand all these reality shows.

true