Fellow Muslims: Do you think that Krishna and Buddha were prophets?

This saying (Hadith) is found in the book 'Firdowsul Akbar' by Hazrat Thylami.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A Prophet appeared in India. He was dark in complexion. His name was Kahina"

Is this Krishna?

And (remember) Ishmael and Idris (Enoch) and Dhul-Kifl, all were from among those who observe patience. Surah 21: 85-86

Is this Buddha? Some scholars say that Kifl is Kappitavatsu in Nepal where Buddha grew up.

I believe that Krishna and Buddha (pbut) are both prophets of Allah, and that their followers corrupted the religion just like the followers of Prophet Jesus (pbuh). What are your thoughts?

Update:

That's my point. His followers engage in idolotrous practices, and so do the followers of Jesus (pbuh) in Christianity. You think idolotrous followers disqualifies Buddha as a prophet?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

This Brother Got a Good Question

One thing I do know Prophet Noah (pbuh) ended up In INDIA sides SO it could be him,

They did came from the same Ummah, This question need to be asked by a Scholar of islam. OR even Dr Zakir Naik

• 1 decade ago

haha 'De' how can you hold hatred for a man who practically EMBODIED peace?!

now im not trying to be disrespectful to the prophet at all, but to be honest he wasn't the most peaceful of men - his usual answer to oppression was reformation and a 'freedom fight' - resorting to more violence

the buddha did nothing of the sort. he lived his own life his own way, didn't encourage people to follow him, didn't tell people to worship him but instead advocated peace and understanding. there is nothing idolatrous about pure buddhism at all - it is simply a state of mind, a way of being and looking at things.

in my opinion you're just trying to rubbish him because he was a man who had no faults other than the fact that he didn't believe in any god whatsoever, and you can't take it.

morality and religion are NOT inseparable - one CAN exist without the other

no, i don't think he was a prophet of Allah. there's historical and logical evidence pointing to the fact that the whole basis of buddhism is denying the existence of god and fate

why not just accept him as the revolutionary, peaceful human being he was rather than recruit him into Islam? kindling a respect for different ways of life and different beliefs would go a long way to improving the image of islam, and it doesn't take much, its just a decent courtesy.

• 1 decade ago

Assalamu Aleikum

the hadeeth you mentioned is not a true hadeeth, it is fabricated, you can make sure by going to the references you will not find it in any authentic reference.

Secondly, Buddha was not a Prophet, rather he was a kaafir (infidel) philosopher who followed a religion that was not divinely-revealed. Whoever believes that he was a Prophet is a kaafir. His people exaggerated about him and believed that he was divine, and they worshipped him instead of Allaah. This idolatrous Buddhist religion was adopted by many people in the past and in modern times. The Muslim is obliged to dismiss this religion and its followers, and to disavow himself of it and take a stand against them for the sake of Allaah.

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

Source(s): islamqa
  • Aimee
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Dear, Peace be upon you. In the Name of Allah, Thhe Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. There are One Hundred and Twenty Four Thousand Prophets as said by Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu'alaihi Wassalam (124,000). To my knowledge, Most Prophhets are Arabs. But The Prophet before Prophet Noah Alaihis Sallalm are Not Arabs. They are Prophet Adam and Prophet Idris. After the World Flood, Noah's son Saam. Give Arabs, Persian (Iranian) and Roman. From these The First Prophet to Israel was Prophet Ishaq second son of Prophet Ibrahim Khalillulllah till the last Prophet Jesus Christ and Prophet Ibrahim Khalillillullah first Son Prophet Ismail exist The Arab and the birth of Prophet Muhammad Sallahhu'alaihi Wassalam. Maybe or maybe not 'Krishna' and 'Buddha' are among the One Hundred and Twenty four thousand (124,000) Prophets. They are teaching good Deeds toward Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala. There's no strong proof that both Krishna and Buddha are Prophets. __________________ In Hindu scriptures, too, there are a good many prophecies about Holy Prophet Muhammad Sallallahhu'alaihi Wassalam. A few of these are in "The Pur'an'as. The ONE in the "Bhavishya Pur'an'a" is the clearest of all. The fifth word from left to right is the name our Holy Prophet. It gives even the name of the country of the Prophet "Marusthalnivasinan" i.e the inhabitan of the desert (Arabia). Here are the translation of the Original Sanscript Text. "Just then an illiterate man with his epithet of Teacher, Muhammad by name, came along with his companion. Raja (Bhoja in a vision) to that Great Deva the denizen of Arabia, purifying with the Gangess water and with the five things of cow offered sandal wood and pay worship to him. O denizen of Arabia and Lord of the Holies to thee is my adoration. O thou who has found many ways and means to destroy all the devils of the world!. O pure one from among the illiterates, O sinless one, the spirit of truth and absolute master, to thee is my adoration! Accept me at thy feet. (Bhavishya Pur'an'a Parv 3, Khand 3, Adhya 3, Shalok 5-8) _______________________ Prophecies in The Buddhist Scriptures. THe Buddhist Scriptures have been written in more than one language. The following translation extracts from the Ceylon sourse. Anqanda said to thhe Blessed One, "Who shall teach us wwhen thou are gone?". And the Blessed One replied: l am not the first Budhha who come upon earth, nor shall l be the last. In due time another Budhha will arise in the world, a Holy one, a supremely enlighhtened one, endowed with wisdom in conduct, auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of angels and mortals. He will preach his religion, glorious in its origin, glorious at the climax, and, glorious at the goal. He will proclaim aq religious life, wholly perfect and pure, such as l now proclaim. His disiples will number thousands, while mine number many hundreds. Ananda said, "How shall we know him?" The Blessed One replied, "He will be known as MAITREYA..." Maitreya meaning A Mercy and The Blessed One. Anyone making an unbiased STUDY of the question must come to the conclusion that no one other than the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahhu'alaihi Wassalam fills this position of the MAITREYA. l hope l had answered your question. Wabillahhitaufiq Walhidayah Wassalamu'alaikum Warahmatullahhi Wabarakatuh.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow, you sure are going to rile a lot of Muslims.

Ever think of asking this in the Ramadan under Holidays?

The Muslims usually hang out there.

All the best.

• Who cares what Muslims say about Hinduism....Islam itself is an ofshoot of Hinduism (mohammed was prophesized in the Hindu books thousands of years before the arabs even existed) and allah itself is a God from Hinduism....Muslims are too thick to realise that they are actually all Hindu.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your pretty stupid :D like all muslims, you have no idea. How can Krishna be a prophet of Jihad when he is about peace???

• of course you would believe something like that, you're a shia

• 1 decade ago

De said it all. think man, think.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.