Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

What on earth doe DLG registered mean regarding a puppy?

I saw it in an advert, I have never heard of it and wondered what it is? Does anyone know? Has anyone come across this before?

Sorry typo, should read DOES!

Best Answer

There is an ad for Bichon that is DLG registered in England, no idea what it means but maybe a crappy group Dog Lovers Group for PM and BYB like the USA has the Continental KC among other made up ones.

What on earth DOES DLG registered mean regarding a puppy? Is this the question you wanted to ask?

Registered means belongs to a Kennel Club

AKC=American Kennel Club-Excellent registery-BUT not all breeders are GOOD that use this Kennel Club! You'll expect a bad breeder to advertise in newspaper classified

Canadian Kennel Club

Excellent registery-BUT not all breeders are GOOD that use this Kennel Club! You'll expect a bad breeder to advertise in newspaper classified

Only thing i can find is-Department of Local Government=DLG. But if you in UK, I'm presume they done a typo and actually mean=Dog Lover Registration Club=DLRC!

Dog Lovers registration club uk Ltd can register your puppy litters, single pups and adult dogs (of any age). You can advertise your puppies as DLRC registered.

We are not for show dogs as the majority of our customers love their dogs as valued family pets and not as a show specimens (except for exemption/companion shows

Basically a registery for dogs that shouldn't be used as Breeding animals.

Which would indicate NOT a very good breeder at all!

Would probably also indicate a PUPPY miller!

• Maxi

I believe it means it is microchipped

Source(s): Animal behaviourist