Any prominent MODERN Classical composers?

I've been learning pieces of the "old" greats but I decided to take a peek around our current generation of composers.Yiruma does not count I assure you(especially those fanatical fans of his) I only know that modern classical music has been transformed to a really dissonant state but I don't... show more I've been learning pieces of the "old" greats but I decided to take a peek around our current generation of composers.Yiruma does not count I assure you(especially those fanatical fans of his)

I only know that modern classical music has been transformed to a really dissonant state but I don't anything above that.

Anyone care to suggest?
Update: Wow...so many composers...I'll take my time.
Update 2: Hmm...didn't expect that Beethoven and Mozart were considered dissonant during their day,nice info Petr...

But dissonance has really evolved to a stage where I can't tell if its meant to be MUSIC or ART.