pauly b asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who do you think the better pitcher is..... Adam wainwright or A.J. Burnett?

i think adam wainwright is because he has better stuff and he has a better era and he just seems to pitch good almost every start and is so consistent.

what do you think??

Favorite Answer

A.J. Burnett in his early years was awesome, now he's a good consistant pitcher... Adam Wainwright is starting to show that he's a top notch pitcher and I'd prefer him on my team this year and years to come.

Adam Wainwright

2009 Stats: 9-5, 3.09era, 122.1ip, 110k, 45bb, 0cg, 0sho)

Career Stats: 36-21, 3.39era, 533.1ip, 409k, 172bb, 2cg, 0sho)

A.J. Burnett

2009 Stats: 8-4, 3.77era, 107.1ip, 101k, 53bb, 0cg, 0sho)

Career Stats: 95-80, 3.81era, 1483.2ip, 1379k, 621bb, 19cg, 9sho)

Gotta go with Wainwright. But for the record, we must keep in mind that AJ Burnett is pitching in Yankee Stadium where long balls leave hte ballpark more often than a little league field. Heck when the little leaguers go and play, they actually have to move the fence back a few feet.

BUt Wainwright is more consistent overall. Although I really do like Aj Burnett as a pitcher and do think he actually have the better stuff between the two. I could imagine Burnett throwing a perfect game before Wainwright.

I thought Burnett was going to be a beast but he is in New York and that's never an easy place to play. Wainwright was the surprise of the pitching world, and he's having a great season with a great pitching staff, with Carpenter, and Pineiro. And I'm admitting this, being a huge Cubs fan.

Wainwright.