Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

What do you think Twice-deported immigrant gets over 15 years for kidnapping?

PHOENIX -- Officials with the Maricopa County Attorney's Office said Friday that a man deported at least twice from the U.S. has been sentenced to over 15 years in prison for kidnapping.

Carlos Estrada-Marroquin, 51, has been sentenced to 15.75 years in prison after being found guilty of kidnapping and extortion charges.

According to a County Attorney's Office news release, in October, 2008, a woman contacted the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Human Smuggling Unit and said her ex-boyfriend was being held hostage by coyotes demanding $1,200.

The caller said he knew where the woman lived and if the ransom was not paid the woman’s daughter would be kidnapped.

Sheriff’s detectives set up a sting and as a result Estrada-Marroquin was arrested. A jury convicted him in April and he was sentenced on July 10.

Officials said Estrada-Marroquin has been deported at least twice to Guatemala and he has two prior felony convictions for DUI.

County Attorney Andrew Thomas said, “Violent human smugglers threaten both citizens and illegal immigrants. The entire community is endangered by the actions of those involved in the human smuggling trade.”

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/phoenixmetro/cen...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Freaking illegal loser! This is why we need border control! This is also why illegals don't belong here! I cannot believe people support illegals. All they do is come here and constantly commit crimes. They have no respect for our country.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I think it's way too light a sentence. I wonder what the max possible was?

But it just goes to show you, you can deport them as many times as you want. If companies here are still willing to hire them, there is no reason for them not to come back. When the opportunity stops, the illegal immigration will stop.

• 1 decade ago

they know they can do things like this and get away with it because the illegals will not report them.and even if they get caught they can always border jump back

they also know that if they commit a violent crime all they have to do is make it to the nearest southern border and they are home free

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would give him a choice, does he want to be shot or hung? That is what they do to criminals in his country. So he can't complain! Maybe if we started executing illegal criminals they would not want to come here as bad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think we should put him on the front lines...break our rules more than once has consequences.

• 1 decade ago

Thats great but illegal immigrants really contribute to society a lot. LIBERAL DRONES

• i think criminals should be deported to their native country...

Source(s): my brain
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.