Christians, do you agree the Bible NEVER says to kill gay people?

I am bringing this up because Leviticus 20:13 was brought up on imdb.com. There was a poster on there that was talking bad about God and said the Bible was bad because that verse supposedly said to kill gay people. Here is the verse: Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as he lies with a woman, it is an... show more I am bringing this up because Leviticus 20:13 was brought up on imdb.com. There was a poster on there that was talking bad about God and said the Bible was bad because that verse supposedly said to kill gay people.

Here is the verse:

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as he lies with a woman, it is an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be on their hands.

First off, I have talked to many Christians and they say this verse is NOT talking about gay people. STRAIGHT MEN DO NOT LIE WITH MEN so I think they have a point there that it is NOT talking about gay people.

Also, I believe the death was a metaphor. It was talking about a spiritual death that brings you away from God.

What is your interpretation of this verse?

I have multiple interpretations and this one issue has confused me as to what exactly it is talking about.
Update: Edit: Thou shall not kill is basic to everyone.
Update 2: Edit: I agree. It is the Old Testament so it doesn't matter, but I was wondering about the correct interpretation. I think it is talking about pagan rituals that took place in temples.
Update 3: Edit: There is nothing in the Ten Commandments that we can't all agree on. You can be a Hindu or an atheist and still agree with them.
Update 4: Edit: To those that attack this, God loves gay people. He loves everyone and even IF he told Moses to do this, it does NOT mean it was done out of hate. It was a punishment.