Gaza and the West Bank. Who has claim?

Ok, the Palestinians contest Israeli control of Gaza and the West Bank. Why? They claim Israel stole the land from them, yet they themselves never owned it in the first place. Israel took BACK control of Gaza and the West bank from Egypt and Jordan in 1967. How did Egypt and Jordan get these territories in the first place? By taking them from Israel in 1948. For 19 years Arabs controlled these territories. The so called Palestinians never complained, never asked for autonomy, or the creation of their own state. In fact, all Arabs living in the West bank prior to the Israeli take over in 1967 were Jordanian Citizens, not Palestinians. Yasser Arafat was an Egyptian. So why, why do the Palestinian Arabs, people with no country, no historic ties to the land going back more than 150 years, no distinct ethnic culture still contest that Israel somehow stole something from them that they never actually had to begin with?

Favorite Answer

Palestinians did have a State, partitioned to them by the Brits. This state included the good, arable farmland on the coast that should have kept them happy; they lost it in 1947 when they joined the Arabs in a war against Israel. It is not Israel's fault that they did this. Israel won Gaza and the West Bank back fair, square, and in an over-the-top awesome manner during the 6 day war in 1967. The Palestinians were also permitted to live autonomously in Jordan-until they attempted to assassinate King Hussein in 1970. These facts, along with the resent experiment in Palestinian autonomy in Gaza, tell me that it is the Palestinian leadership, not Israel, that screws the Palestinian people out of an autonomous homeland.

And Arab countries should just come out and say that they really have no concern for their Palestinian brothers. Jordan aside, those countries have done nada for them. They should just admit that the real reason they hate Israel is because Israel is the one non-Arab secular state in the midst of a bunch of Arab Muslim bigots. Or would all the non-Arabs and non-Muslims in the ME like to, at any point, prove me wrong?

Peace

you cant give away something that doesnt belong to you

Jews, Palestinians and OTHERS lived in this land for centuries, then Britain gave it to the jews, over the objection of the non-jews that happened to be living there

then when those people fought back, the Israelis slaughtered them and took ALL OF THE LAND

the end

Israel is wrong

Great minds think alike, my friend. I just asked a similar question which will be appearing on the board any second now.

"Palestinians" already have a nation. It's called Jordan.

Who cares? Those people are like cats and dogs over there they have been fighting viciously since day one. Frankly I'm sick of so much attention being paid to Israel and Palestine. It doesn't affect me any so I say let them sort it out.

• blah

who cares. I'd like to see a nuke dropped over there.

people been fighting for a peice of crap "holy land" for years.

stupid.

• you know I really don't give a ---- what they do over there!!!!!!