Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

male or female doberman?

whats the differnce and which do you think is beter for me i am a responsible male owner who loves dogs and loves doberman and labradors alot and i want to get one or two dobermans and i dont know which sex to get i perfer out of male or female which ever is protective but still can control its self beter because i will have family coming yearly which do you think male or female?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Just from the few doberman I have known. The females seem smarter.

• 4 years ago

Bringing a Male Doberman into a home that already has a large male dog is a bad idea and no responsible Doberman breeder will sell you a male in that situation. Dobermans are very typically male-male aggressive regardless of being neutered, raised together etc. Some are ok with small males or very submissive males but in a home with another large dominant breed male is a fight waiting to happen

• 1 decade ago

you should get a male, not only will you get a constant companion, but you will get a great guard dog too. When your family comes over introduce him to everyone on a leash so if something does go wrong you will be able to remove him immedietly. Most big dogs dont mark indoors when potty trained but they do mark outside. If you get a female you will still get a great guard dog, she will just be smaller

• 1 decade ago

What sex to get is mainly a question of preference - both sexes should have protective qualities.

Males tend to be larger and more muscular,whereas females are to be thinner.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Males piss on everything get a female

• 1 decade ago

sure, females are nicer and more considerate but... they do get a little b-i-t-c-h-y. males, if introduced properly will protect ur children in almost any situation, i had a male and i think they are more laid back and what not. so i pick male

• 1 decade ago

im not a big fan of females there piss smells horrendous when they are in heat they can get out and go get knocked up and you can be stuck with a bunch of mixed breds

• 1 decade ago

I have a male pitbull (i know its not the same breed but) hes wonderful.!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a male and good luck.! :)

• 1 decade ago

if your male then get a male lol

• 1 decade ago

FEMALE

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.