Why is the battery LED on my Dell d620 flashing?

the battery on my laptop has run down as of late, and the laptop will only stay on with constant charging, i can't even turn it on unless its plugged in.

now the orange warning light, which used to flash slowly when it needed charging, is flashing on and off really rapidly. what does this mean? is the battery completely depleted, or is my laptop in danger of breaking if i continue to use it with a faulty battery?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • mike H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no you wont damage the laptop, but it does sound as though the battery has reached the end of its life - if you remove the battery it should have a button you can press and then you will get a row of lights on, this will show the charge or i think if the first and last flashes it means the battery has a problem.

when you get a new battery go anywhere apart from the manufacturer as they are so expensive from there, sites such as eBay are good for new laptop batteries - http://www.computer-adviser.com/laptop-battery-pro...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Dell D620 Laptop Battery

• 6 years ago

i got a new battery and it shows solid green for about 30 seconds then goes off, and refuses to charge any battery i put in it? i heard that if it does this, it needs a new motherboard because the charging circuit on the motherboard went bad. is this true?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

how long you have used the battery ? I think you battery is old enough to change ,

don't use the battery ,you can use the adapter

or buy a new replacement one

http://www.laptop-battery-replacement.com/dell/lat...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tony
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

you need a new battery

it is better to remove your old battery till you get a new one

so your charger is not over worked trying to charge a dead battery

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.