Who is your hockey/real life hero?

Today would have been my dads 65th birthday,he was my hero..A disabled Veteran from Vietnam (Blown off a roof by friendly fire) worked 7 days a week most of the time at Sears for 25 years to support his family,with a bum leg from that Vietnam injury...NOT once did he complain..then he worked at the Mint in Philly... show more Today would have been my dads 65th birthday,he was my hero..A disabled Veteran from Vietnam (Blown off a roof by friendly fire) worked 7 days a week most of the time at Sears for 25 years to support his family,with a bum leg from that Vietnam injury...NOT once did he complain..then he worked at the Mint in Philly until his death 6 years ago this August..He was the one who taught me aboot sports and life in general..He took me to my first "pro hockey game" when I was a kid..Philadelphia Firebirds at the Civic Center here in Philly.He tried convincing me that #7 on the team was Billy Barber and #12 was Gary Doernhoffer but it didn't work...Okay it kinda did..lol

So my question-Who is YOUR hero?

PS.I asked this a yr ago today and I got alot of great responses,I know alot of new faces are here and just wondering who is your hero?
Update: To the person who thumbed down answers to my question regarding my father...I hope tomorrow you wake up and you find out your father was fatally injured in a car accident .
Update 2: I know you won't have the guts to admit you did it so here's my wish....Your father,splatered on an Interstate somewhere.The only person alive in that car was the 16 yr old Cuban boy that he's been cheating on your mother with.
Update 3: Thanks to all for the great answers.