Why should I respect religion?

I respect peoples right to believe what they want, but I have no respect for what they believe.

Discuss.
Update: @ Now Believe!

Why should people respect what YOU believe?

Eh? They shouldn't. Evenryone is a bit angry in here today.
Update 2: @ OH YEAH!

No it doesn't. Read it again, then get an adult to explain it to you.
Update 3: @ Suzanne F I also support a political party but repect the right of others to follow another party. Voicing my disagreement about the policiesof an oposition party doesn't show disrespect to those that follow it. It is the same with religion. People can believe what they like, but that doesn't mean... show more @ Suzanne F

I also support a political party but repect the right of others to follow another party. Voicing my disagreement about the policiesof an oposition party doesn't show disrespect to those that follow it. It is the same with religion. People can believe what they like, but that doesn't mean that I don't think they are stupifd for doing so.
Update 4: @ Karen Point one. Well that is not true. My favourite color is blue. I respect your right to have a different favourite color. This doesn't mean that I will accept that your favourite colour is "better" than mine. It is a personal choice whether you respect beliefs, and it is not necessary to... show more @ Karen

Point one. Well that is not true. My favourite color is blue. I respect your right to have a different favourite color. This doesn't mean that I will accept that your favourite colour is "better" than mine. It is a personal choice whether you respect beliefs, and it is not necessary to do so to respect people.
Update 5: @ Caleb Gosa

You are one fruity cookie!

@ ~ ♥ Freedom Writer ♥ ~

No, I don't believe in magic, or micacles, or nymphs, or angels, or imaginary friends, or miracles. I do believe in facts, though....
Update 6: @ Lizy Look it is simple. I won't try to stop you believeing what you like and would oppose any action, law or decree that would prevent people from exercising that right - Therefore, I respect peoples right to believe whatever they want - God(s), fairies, flying spag monster, dragons, elfs, etc etc. This... show more @ Lizy

Look it is simple. I won't try to stop you believeing what you like and would oppose any action, law or decree that would prevent people from exercising that right - Therefore, I respect peoples right to believe whatever they want - God(s), fairies, flying spag monster, dragons, elfs, etc etc. This doesn't mean that I have to respect the belief. I don't think that the idea of dragons living in caves breathing fire deserves any respect. It is (to my mind) simply not true. Tou can believe it if you wish....
Update 7: @ Lizy again

AMERICA doesn't mean anything. It is (one of) the name(s) given to the 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean;