Nian asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

我想問冰棒的由來故事(英文)!!

我想知道冰棒的由來

一開始是In 1905, an 11-year-old boy......其他要自己查......

(試以"ice lolly history"為關鍵字,上網搜尋資料,用英文簡要說明冰棒的由來)

這是我的暑假作業,但我查不到,為何!

請幫我,謝謝!!

Rating
  • 大閑
    Favorite Answer

Fascinating facts about the invention

of the Popsicle by Frank W. Epperson in 1905.

Frank Epperson, a then eleven-year-old, invented the Popsicle and the invention was accidental. One day Frank mixed some soda water powder and water, which was a popular drink in those days. He left the mixture on the back porch overnight with the stirring stick still in it. The temperature dropped to a record low that night and the next day Frank had a stick of frozen soda water to show his friends at school.

Eighteen years later-in 1923- Frank Epperson remembered his frozen soda water mixture and began a business producing Epsicles in seven fruit flavors. The name was later changed to the Popsicle. One estimate says three million Popsicle frozen treats are sold each year. There are more than thirty different flavors to choose from, but Popsicle Industries says the general flavor favorite through the years has remained "taste-tingling orange". He realized the commercial possibilities of his invention and applied for a patent, which was granted in 1924. By 1928, Epperson had earned royalties on more than 60 million Popsicle ice pops.

2009-07-10 17:10:31 補充:

關於發明的引人入勝的事實

在1905年法蘭克艾伯森發明了冰棒。

法蘭克艾伯森,一個11歲少年,發明了冰棒,而且此發明是偶然的意外。一天法蘭克把一些蘇打水粉和水混合在一起,在當時蘇打水是很個很普遍的飲料。他把蘇打水遺忘在後陽台上一整晚,攪拌棒也還在裡頭。那晚的溫度下降到新低,隔天法蘭克把一支結凍的蘇打水展示給他學校的朋友看。

2009-07-10 17:10:47 補充:

18年後,在1923年,法蘭克艾伯森記起他的結凍蘇打水,並且開始生產7種水果口味的Epsicles冰棒作生意。冰棒名字之後變更為Popsicle。有人估計每年Popsicle的銷售量會達到三百萬。共有三十多種口味可以選擇,但是Popsicle公司說多年來大眾最喜歡的口味一直是「橘子」。他認知他的發明有做商業的可能並且申請專利,專利在1924年申請到。直到1928年,艾伯森賺取了6千多萬支冰棒的權利金。

• ?

The first recorded ice pop was created in 1905 by 11-year-old Frank Epperson in San Francisco, who left a glass of soda water powder and water outside in his back porch with a wooden mixing stick in it. That night the temperature dropped below freezing, and when Epperson returned to the drink the next morning, he found that the soda water had frozen inside the glass, and that by running it under hot water, he was able to remove (and eat) the frozen soda water chunk using the stick as a handle.[5]

The ice-lollipop was introduced to the public for the first time at an Oakland ball for firemen in 1922. In 1923, Epperson applied for a patent for "frozen ice on a stick" called the Epsicle ice pop, which he re-named the Popsicle, allegedly at the instigation of his children. This brand is now one of the most famous in the United States

13 de marzo de 2009

From Myanmar to Macau

Myamar's Bagan and Inlay still linger in my mind. By the river in Vang Veng in Laos, we decided to give us a try. Will you be my Valentine's. Scam the scammers in Vietnam. Laughed out loud in frnot of slots in Macau.

A month from Myanmar to Macau, we traveled within and without.

Where shall we go from here? Again we walk. Together we walk.

5 de deciembre de 2008

Poetry and PaintingKids' poems are how awesome!A little verse by Dorothy.---Good is fish and chipsBetter is crisps

Best is God---(another one by this little girl)Fat is the dollFatter is the pigFattest is Miss Do---This one by Britney---Yucky is mushroomYuckier is octopusYuckiest is squid

... Me: Britney, you don't like squid and octopus?B: (with a look full of despise) I love ice-loy most but mom never gives that to me. I love to ice-skate most and I just can do that once a year. Me: Britney, welcome to the world.B: (frowning) What do you mean?Me: Kid, in this world, you don't often get what you want.B: (sort of cannot believe) Really?Me: Yes, sometimes you just cannot have what you want. If I get to do what I want, you know, I would just paint and paint and paint.

B: (looking very innocent, and with a big smile) Miss Dora, I don't need you to teach me English. You can just paint here and I will be happy to let you paint here.

2009-07-10 17:00:53 補充:

請你到

http://hk.geocities.com/yazishuo/

完整版