Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Shepards pie recipe with portabello mushrooms? Tips, ideas?

Anyone ever make a shepards pie with portabello mushrooms? I want to try this are there any other fillers you used to mix in with them? I am not big on corn or soy based products some of them make me feel ill. I do eat eggs and cheese. I am planning to to serve to meat eaters.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Liz
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Should be delicious. Saute the mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Add salt & pepper to taste. Top with mashed potatoes and bake. You can add vegetables or onions before adding potato layer if you wish. Garlic mashed potatoes would be even better. Just cut the top off of a bulb of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil. Add salt & pepper. Bake 45 minute. While still hot squeeze garlic into potato mixture.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

beef Pie aspects 200g undeniable flour 60g butter 45g lard a pinch of salt a million egg yolk 500g good high quality braising steak a million super onion a million beef inventory cube gravy granules steak seasoning or path floor pepper a million tsp mustard technique Trim any gristle off the beef and cube. Fry till brown then place in a casserole coated in water, inventory cube onions seasoning and mustard. prepare dinner at a hundred and sixty levels c for 2.30 hours then stir in a tbsp of gravy granules till it thickens then enable to kick back for an hour or till purely heat. meanwhile cube the butter and lard and rub into flour and salt including your fingertips till it resembles breadcrumbs. Rub the egg yolk in then upload sufficient water to bind the blend. decrease in a million/2 and roll out on a floured floor then place in a greased pie dish, trimming the surplus edges. upload meat blend then use the different a million/2 of the pastry to make a lid. Brush with a overwhelmed egg then put in an oven pre heated to one hundred ninety levels c. Bake for 40 5 minutes or untill the pie is the colour of a varnished o.ok.table. pass away to kick back for quarter-hour in the previous serving with potatoes and veg.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.