Why is the NOPD(New Orleans Police Department)is viewed as "weak"?

I don't know where the people of out of state of louisiana get this by viewin the NOPD "weak" but it's probaly cause new orleans used to be a dangerous city in the past howvever theres places like detriot, los angeles, Washington dc, n baltimore that r dangerous cities and r ranked in that caliber but they too have tough law enforcement.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

People often base their opinions of police departments on the amount of crime that occurs, not necessarily the amount that is prevented. New Orleans is definitely up-there with major cities with high levels of crime, but that isn't to say that it has a "weak" police department. The NOPD has a very big and difficult job, so while some cities may have a "strong" deparment, they may also have a smaller volume of crime to deal with in the first place.

• 1 decade ago

i think they are more viewed as lazy than weak.

people believe that the police allow these criminals to do street justice that most of the murder victims have legnthy criminal records and are killed by others who have just as long of a rapsheet. the nopd know who commits the murders but chances are there will be a retailiation for that murder and so on and so on.

if the murder victim is an innocent civilian then they will act on it immediately.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Who said we see them as weak? I know some hard core cops.

I just think there is more criminals that police. Also, the thugs seem to do the crime where the police are never around.

• Misha
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

People think that they are scared of certain parts of louisiana.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.