Scratch: The Ultimate DJ?

I keep hearing about this game coming out, but I can't find it anywhere. I went to gamestop.com and there is not even a mention of Scratch: The Ultimate DJ. I guess it's because they are so loyal to Activision, and the upcoming release of DJ Hero.

My thing is; DJ Hero isn't due to release until October 27th. Scratch was supposedly released on June 30th. So I'd like to get it and let it hold me over until DJ Hero comes out. But I can't find it anywhere.

Anyone know anything about this?

Favorite Answer

I don't know where you heard Scratch: The Ultimate DJ game had come out on June 30th, but there isn't even a release date on the game yet. I will however explain the major difference between the 2 games. From the videos I have sen from both games, it looks like DJ hero is going along with it's sister games format of match what the song says. There are a bunch of mash up songs in which to match scratches in game like you would match strums in Guitar Hero. Scratch: The Ultimate DJ however seems to thrive on creativity. They have mixed a beat machine and turntable with cross-fader to come up with a game that not only lets you match the beat with the beat machine but also make your own scratches and also somewhat remix the song with the beat machine. Looks like Scratch" The Ultimate DJ seems to cater to more of a hip hop criwd while Hollaback Girl and other songs like it will be found on DJ Hero. So it all depsnds on what type of music fan you are. Do you go with the game that lets you create and remix, or do you match premade scratches?