Can I get approved for an FHA loan even if I have a lot of debt?

My husband and I would love to jump on purchasing a house to take advantage of the tax credit, but we have a considerable amount of debt-- his is in student loans, and mine is in credit cards.

Our current rent payment is substantially more than our mortgage payment would be, so we know we are capable of taking care of the costs. However, we are concerned about getting approved in the first place, given our debt is so high.

What are the chances that we will be approved without having to spend a year or three paying down our debts?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

What is your credit score

What is your debt to income ratio?

What sort of down payment do you have?

They judge you on more than just your debt load. But, that is a big part of it.

You may have to sit tight and pay down the cards before you can buy. You will also need at least 3.5% down if you want to go FHA.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hello my dear do not full prey to those hoodlums at they that call them self money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. Brown Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I well advice you to contact Mr. Brown if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email brownwilsonloan4@live.com

They offer all kind of categories of loan they

Short term loan (5_10years)

Long term loan (20_40)

Media term loan(10_20)

They offer loan like

Home loan!!!!!!!!!!!

Business loan!!!!!!!!

Debt loan!!!!!!!!

Student loan!!!!!!!!

Business start up loan

Business loan

Company loan<<<<<<<<<< etc

When it comes to financial crisis and loan then brown Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. jenny Wilson direct you Good Luck>>>>>>>>>>

• 1 decade ago

Hello Everybody,

I am Mr,erivan jonker a private lender that has been approve by the Government and has been giving out loans for the past 15yrs,i give out loans at a low interest rate of 2% and my loans are guarantee to your bank account within 48hrs of banking upon accepting to transfer the loan to you,you can contact me via erivanjonkerfirm_lender@yahoo.com

We look forward to be of a good service and a good business partners to you,hurry now to get your long desire achieved

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi.

I am Kelly Williams and i saw your question about needing a loan,In the internet they are a lot of scams out there.I decided to answer your question to prevent you being scammed. I got a loan of $200,000 from an agency online and i was lucky not be scammed. Contact them at sylvesterloancompany@yahoo.com interest rate of .2% is simply great.they use a yahoo email account on our request because its makes contacting them easier

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hello I am Margret Fields from us I saw your question on how you need a loan,please you have to be careful cos there are scam everywhere but let me direct you to Mr Thomas who is the managing director of season but you most be willing to pay him back as at when due and tell him I directed you here is the email thomasfinanceloanhouse@yahoo.com

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am Mr.wilson from the U.k,i was in need of $20,000 USD for a business start up and have search every where for a legitimate and government approved lender and i was lucky to be introduced to Mr,William Justin (C.E.O) William Justin Loan Company who lend me the money within 24hrs of banking after i accepted his loan repayment schedule and so i want to advise anyone in need of a loan of any kind to please contact him on williamjustinloancompany@yahoo.com and get your loan today,please tell them Mr.wilson refer

• 6 years ago

If I get a FHA loan and put down 3.5 % will I still need to pay PMI insurance ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.