Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionReality Television · 1 decade ago

OMG. Alesha Dixon is a new Judge on Strictly!!!!?

Alesha Dixon is set to replace Arleen on the new series of Strictly Come Dancing! I don't know what to think because I love her but she isn't exactly a dancing expert like the others... what do you think? x

Best Answer

Not a Fan of Arlien, but I think the BBC have made a huge mistake........this is ageism at it's best and can only backfire!

Ok, I'm going to have a real good old whinge now cos SCD is my fave programme.

If they felt the need to replace anyone it should have been Len. On certain days he sits on the panel and his moodiness brings down the whole show AND he is always banging on about how he doesn't like certain dances because it doesn't have the old fashioned elements in it.

I really liked Arlene and thought that she was very fair in most of her comments. Not all of us want to see decrepid old men such as Len and Brucie and yet, when women get to a certain age they get dumped .... it's not sexism but also ageism.

And, of all the people they could have replaced her with they chose a pop star who has only just learned to dance herself!!! For christs sake, if they must have a younger woman on the show then at least choose someone with a professional knowledge of the dance elements. What about one of the ex dancers like Nicole Cutler or Hanna Karttunen.

I was never a Alesha Dixon fan anyway, I wanted Matt and Flavia to win but at least we still have Bruno and my fave Craig.

I like Alesha Dixon. I liked her as contestant on the show. but I'm not happy about her being a judge. She's going to look very amateur against the three other judges who know what they're talking about.

Also, how are young people suppose to respect their elders if the BBC replaces older faces with younger ones.

Arleen was always my least favourite of the bunch, so I'm not that bothered that she's leaving. I agree that she isn't a dancing expert and it seems that Strictly are moving closer to the X-Factor in their judging choice...

I think it's a travesty... I like Alesha but she has no experience really apart from winning her series. Arleen knows everything - she's great. I don't think it will be the same without her. x

They are trying to 'freshen' up the show by adding someone younger so it can rival X Factor. I've always liked Alesha so looking forward to seeing her as a judge.

Arleen wasn't, Len's the expert

Absolutely ridiculous! She knows nothing about the technical aspects of dancing. I shall really miss Arlene and it won't be the same without her.

As long as they don't even think about letting Nikki anywhere near the show it will be fine.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/a1...

Im glad...

but in a interview she said it was just a rumour and said she WOULD NOT BE doing it.....