Tata Indica Diesel car for first time car buyer?

I am buying a car for the first time, I have never driven nor owned any cars before. My budget is 4L indian rupees. I want to buy a Tata Indica V2 DLS, Many people are advicing me not to buy this car. > Consistent problems, > Servicing related problems. > Since I wil be using the car once in a week,... show more I am buying a car for the first time, I have never driven nor owned any cars before. My budget is 4L indian rupees. I want to buy a Tata Indica V2 DLS, Many people are advicing me not to buy this car.

> Consistent problems,
> Servicing related problems.
> Since I wil be using the car once in a week, no need of diesell
> Quite costly when it comes to maintenance

I want to buy this car, simply since I love it, but I am scared about the quality related niggles. Even after paying 4L if i end up at the service center at a regular basis, after driivng only once a week, is this really worth for me?

I always wanted to drive a diesel vehicle without much refinement. That ruggedness, that noise and rattling, really peps me up. This car fits into my need. But are diesel vehicles really costly on pockets, tat too a non turbo engine.

Pls advice since I do not want to buy a petrol vehicle.

I have driven my petrol ungeared 2 wheeler, for 30K+ kms, I dint find any fun in driving that vehicle, I just drove coz I needed it. Now i want to enjoy driving, I want some torque, i am not worried about initial pickup n all, coz i am used to driving slow, very slow, I feel diesel is the way to go.

Pls advice, Thanks in advance.