Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What would you see as the average of pages/words in a chapter of a YA novel?

I'm writing a young adult novel and have recently got accepted for representation by a top agent. I was wondering what you would see as the average word/page count for a YA novel chapter?

Best Answer

It depends on the style and content of the book. There is no real average.

I am surprised you gained representation before the book was actually finished though.

• Kayl

My novel chapter pages (on the one I'm taking seriously) is word pages: 7.5 so that would be about 14 or 15 novel pages. It has 4,950 words. So anything over 10 novel pages, I think is fine. On the other hand, the one I'm doing on Worthy of Publishing is more split in sections for each chapter, it stops where I see fit, more than putting unnecessary things to fill places up, like in novels. There it's no more than 2 word pages in each.

The number of words in a novel will vary depending on the genre. Books that are intended for Young Adults can be anywhere from 15,000-80,000 with as many pages as 60-320. But I'm sure that's not the limit.

NOVELIS THE BEST PRODUCT IN WHICH YOU CAN WRITE ANY THING THET GENIUS MIND HAS DECLARED THAT A NOVEL MUST BE WRITTEN BETWEEN 200 TO 1000 PAGES....THOUGH THERE IS NO ANY PROPER MAGNITUDE OF THE NOVEL.....BEST OF LUCK....!!!!!!