In my 30s and thinking of going to law school...?

20 years ago, I attended Columbia University and was a religion major. Later, I studied classical music and education. These days, I am an unemployed single mom who wants to pay the bills and make my son proud of me! Earlier in life, I had neither the financial need nor the self confidence necessary to seek an... show more 20 years ago, I attended Columbia University and was a religion major. Later, I studied classical music and education. These days, I am an unemployed single mom who wants to pay the bills and make my son proud of me! Earlier in life, I had neither the financial need nor the self confidence necessary to seek an interesting career in law. Finally, at age 37 and needing to support myself and my son, I believe that I am confident enough to pursue a law degree!

In school, I was always great at tests. I scored a 740 in the verbal portion of the SAT and a 720 on the GRE verbal section. I scored the maximum possible on the English teacher test (Praxis.) I enjoyed studying Latin and five other languages for fun. Basically, I have a good memory and enjoy keeping track of a lot of trivia (which I do not consider so trivial, in fact.)

First, do you think a law school would accept me? Next, what sort of career in law would you recommend I pursue? (Maybe something like tax law or real estate law? I have no interest in litigation. The idea of becoming a judge and issuing decisions is fascinating to me. I am highly interested in all matters pertaining to moral issues.) Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Update: Note: my GPA in my education degree was 3.8 but for my undergrad, it was only 3.1. I was a 16 year old college student initially, who withdrew from a great number of courses in the first two years of college, preferring to party in NYC. Later in my college education, my grades were mostly As, bringing up my... show more Note: my GPA in my education degree was 3.8 but for my undergrad, it was only 3.1. I was a 16 year old college student initially, who withdrew from a great number of courses in the first two years of college, preferring to party in NYC. Later in my college education, my grades were mostly As, bringing up my average! But I graduated over 15 years ago....does it still matter?
Update 2: I know the job market may not be optimal for law right now, and it's not always the most interesting thing in the world. However, at my age, not having fully used my brain for the past 20 years and missing the learning experience, I actually crave law school. Of course, I do want a degree to translate into... show more I know the job market may not be optimal for law right now, and it's not always the most interesting thing in the world. However, at my age, not having fully used my brain for the past 20 years and missing the learning experience, I actually crave law school. Of course, I do want a degree to translate into SOME steady employment. I would never have done this in my twenties. I once got a legal secretary job to support my music career in New York, and I ran from the office after the first day. Yes, I have taught music and I am a music teacher. It can be fun, and although I never taught in New York, my friends there make 80 dollars an hour teaching. (Here in Philly, the rate is less than half of that.) It must be my new parenthood that is making me desire a greater connection to the society around me than that pursuit affords.
Update 3: I looked up the phrase "mature applicant" with regard to law school admissions, and only programs in Canada showed up in my results. Does anyone know if a similar type of application process exists in the U.S. for someone my age?