Christians... How can i practice "Self-control" over this very bad addiction I have?

As a teen, It is part of growing up....

How can I take care of this "addiction"

Im talking about masturbation.....

Im really having a hard time.....

I meant.. Im having a hard time controling myself.... LOL

Favorite Answer

Well, that’s a tough one. As a young teen (male), you’re pretty much at the height of your sexuality. A lot of that it just biological. It’s like my seven month old German shepherd who humps his pillow at night. He’s just acting on urges.

I think the key is your thought life. What exactly are you thinking about when you masturbate? Also, are you exercising regularly? If you keep yourself busy in productive mental and physical activities, you’ll just wake up every morning with the evidence of a wet dream. Nature has a way of taking care of itself.

But if you spend your time watching pornographic movies or reading sexual magazines, then you’re going to end up focused on that sort of stuff.

I remember back in the high schools days. After three hours of intense wrestling or football practice, when I went to bed I was out like a light. If you keep yourself active, you’ll have less temptation to worry about.

The problem is not the act masturbating itself.

This is important: The problem is the DESIRES that grow STRONGER because of masturbation. These fleshly desires might lead you to doing something you know you don't want to do.

These steps are currently helping me stay away from masturbation...

1.) Block all porn sites from internet. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/180...

2.) As soon as I start thinking about sex, I think about something else.

I'm a teen too and I was having a HARD time (no pun intended lol) dealing with masturbation. But surprisingly I don't do it anymore, ok I'm lying.... I do it rarely now.

Source(s): personal experience

Average

Now if your serious and will believe God, to cut off the deeds and works of the flesh, the thing you want made or created is purity, and wholesomeness; then you will have to mortify the deeds by the Spirit of God. But the Holy Spirit needs the word of God, so go to Romans 6: 3-4, then read Colossians 2: 11-12, then ask God to help you say what He just told you in the reveal truth, and do what 2 Corinthians 4: 13 says, and then go to bed, don't stay up and diddle daddle around, but go to bed, in the morning you will know that you know, that God healed you. You must believe, the word of God, homor the Son, thanking Him in Jesus name, O.K. Just do it, obey if you want to be set free and healed do it. Yon can contact me if you want O. K. God has blessed you, in Him, edwah

• Bast

You'll go blind...

Especially if you shoot yourself in the eye! LOL

Just kidding! I hear it's pretty normal...

According to the Kinsey Institute:

54% of men think about sex everyday or several times a day, 43% a few times per month or a few times per week, and 4% less than once a month (Laumann, Gagnon, Michael, Michaels, 1994).

Go to your local Burger King and enjoy a delicious Whopper, crispy fries,and a big cup of ice cold coke.this should help with the addiction

Your not alone. When you find out let me know about it. It's very hard to break the habit. And I hate the conviction I feel after I do it!

• Will

Tell a Christian friend, pastor, youth pastor, someone who you can trust. Get in your Bible more, pray, socialize with other Christians. You belong to Jesus reject it, you may not stop doing it over night sometimes it takes some walking away from.

If you don't masturbate, you'll end up having wet-dreams as your body tires to find a way to rid itself of all that built up semen. You can either do your bedsheets every few days, or just take care of it naturally.

• Snarky

If you think that's an addiction wait until you actually start having sex.

Seriously, it's HEALTHY and NORMAL!

Hard time... XD