Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

How can i be more humble?

dfd

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, if you aren't humble, you probably weren't meant to be humble. Accept what you are and do nothing to level up to anyone elses standards.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

allright, personally i think sarah's answer is...well, kinda dumb. humbleness is something we all need. but how to be more hummble? hmm.... well first off, there is a difference between humbleness and self dislike. i like myself, like the way i look, and i know that i am a WONDERFUL person with a beautiful sweet heart. i also realize i can be a jerk to my siblings, im short tempered, i cuss too much, im socially awkward ( thank you aspergeres syndrome) and i succumb to temptation easily. humbleness really just means realising that your not perfect, and realizing your flaws, as well as your...uh...unflaws? well, the good thigns about you. sit down and write down all your ups, and downs. all the things you like/love about yourself, and all the things you dislike. then, work on fixing those dislikes, or at least try to be aware when your doing them. Jesus with you Brother.

• rott
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Put yourself in every person's place that you see in a certain space of time. Make sure you see all types of people, in all types of situations.Do things for others for no reason and no expectation of repayment. Go where people are poorer than you and live the way they live. Visit the dying. Watch birth. And then think of what it is you can do to out -do any of that. Then offer thanks to all who taught you, and those who gave you life, this world or otherwise.Sometimes humility visits you on her own terms when you least expect it.

Source(s): life
  • 1 decade ago

Just keep your thoughts of how awesome you are to yourself, because it generally isn't socially appropriate. Try re-phrasing some conceited statements you might make...instead of "I'm really good at soccer" ... say "I grew up playing soccer". Even though you might be really great at everything, the way you project yourself can still be modest if you phrase it correctly.

Also consider how you carry yourself...don't strut and avoid flashy clothing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.