Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

Has anyone received their Florida extended unemployment benefits?

I filled out my application online June 13, 2009 an I haven't received any eligibility letters or the retroactive payments that were supposed to be mailed in Early July. If anyone received anything please let me know because seeing is believing and right now I think this is bs and the wait is stressful. Especially, since they use the term 'potentially eligible'. lol am I waiting for nothing?

Thanks for the responses. The online system is showing information now and someone from another site was told payments will be sent out July 10 2009. According to fluidnow.com, I have to start claiming weeks July 14. Good Luck to everyone :)

Fluidnow.com shows a payment was sent to me today and I will claim weeks on July 14th. Check online for updates because their phone lines are busy;

Favorite Answer

Bottom line.They are OVERWHELMED. I spoke with an employee yesterday...They originally promised first part of July. That has been changed to....until...."when we figure it out". There is a special number to call 1-888-896-0091. That's where you can attempt to call. It took me 30 tries to get through. I'm selling rocks to get by. The unemployment bus is broken in Florida.

Source(s): 1-888-896-0091

July13 Today I received a check. WOW it was only 275. I was shocked that they screwed up somehow. Where's the big one I NEED??????

I signed up online June 3 and received the letter/future claim forms too, in the mail late June(accepted). However, my sister threw out the forms and I never could claim the weeks in June and July that they gave me.. I tried a hundred ways to sign up online, or print a copy. NO Copy online of the form!!!!!! NO way. I CALLED and they said call the regular number (which NEVER answers). Then one day FRIDAY I got through to the regular number and they said don't worry I could get the Big retro check for the 10 weeks I signed up for on line in June and Then they would have something ready online to claim the rest in June/July. No go here. At least I got the $275. It was for one week in March that I had claimed. Now I don'y know if this is what I get or what. Like the old system of 1 check every two weeks. This sucks!

This sucks. I'm have web design knowledge and They could put together a site for us info at least and list FAQs....this would take like 10 minutes for a programmer. They don't even update their own site with information which would take like 2 minutes. OverWelmed.????? Bull. S**t They are in meeting discussing how Republicans can stall some more. the pary of NO sucks. Vote please against these jerks next elections.......They held this up for months and rejected the stumulus money for this and raised taxes on workers instead. Are they nuts?

I am in the same situation but I applied online on june 3 and so far I have not heard either way if I have been approved or denied.I attempted to call on Monday July 6 and was told that they had no info available and that I had to wait.

So far no body yet, if any of you received payment please let us know. Thank you.