name of an old movie?

its a black and white movie that i saw a long long time ago. i only watched the last 20 minutes of it and i have no clue what its called and i've never seen it since then.

all i remember is there were about 3 mobsters and a little girl. the little girl's dad had just died (not sure if he was the mob boss, an enemy, or just a random person) but these mobsters had to take care of her and make sure she was safe.

they were running from the cops and also trying to find another mob group cuz they wanted to kill them. (which makes me think the girl's father was the mob boss cuz they acted like they wanted revenge on this other mob group)

they end up hiding on this docked ship cuz they cops are on their tail. the other mob group ends up on the ship too and everyone is trying to run from everyone else trying not to get killed or caught by they cops.

it was actually pretty funny the way they were all running around.

can you help me?!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It could be this one:

Little Miss Marker (1934)

IMDb review:

Big Steve Halloway (Charles Bickford)~gambler, gang leader and proprietor of New York's Horseshoe Cabaret, where his girl, Bangles Carson (Dorothy Dell) sings~is in desperate need of money. He arranges for his fellow bookies, especially Sorrowful Jones (Adolphe Menjou), to each pay him $1,000 each for his racehorse, Dream Prince, to lose. With all bets being placed at the window, Sorrowful encounters a gambler (Edward Earle), having lost $500, wanting to place his bet but is unable to come up with $20. Instead, he places his daughter, Marthy Jane (Shirley Temple), as security~in bookie's terms, a marker. While Sorrowful refuses to accept markers, he does so with this one, having the child wait outside his office until Daddy returns. Having lost his bet, her father commits suicide, leaving "Little Miss Marker" under the care of Sorrowful Jones. As Steve hides out in Chicago to avoid investigation for his crooked bets, he entrusts Sorrowful to watch over Bangles during his absence, at which time the gold digger helps the tightwad with his "40 pounds of trouble". When Big Steve learns Bangles is involved with Sorrowful, he returns to New York to do something about it.

YouTube might have the complete film. Here's Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYxcWG5W4X8

Youtube thumbnail

There are two remakes: "40 Pounds of Trouble" (1962) and "Little Miss Marker" (1980). Most people prefer the original. All three are based on the Damon Runyon short story "Little Miss Marker".

• Adam C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

it sounds like Robin and the 7 Hoods

In prohibition-era Chicago, the corrupt sheriff and Guy Gisborne, a south-side racketeer, knock off the boss Big Jim. Everyone falls in line behind Guy except Robbo, who controls the north side. Although he's outgunned, Robbo wants to keep his own territory. A pool-playing dude from Indiana and the director of a boys' orphanage join forces with Robbo; and, when he gives some money to the orphanage, he becomes the toast of the town as a hood like Robin Hood. Meanwhile, Guy schemes to get rid of Robbo, and Big Jim's heretofore unknown daughter Marian appears and goes from man to man trying to find an ally in her quest to run the whole show. Can Robbo hold things together?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

i do no longer comprehend the call of the action picture, yet nonetheless, that's no longer -Leprechaun interior the hood-, as this action picture has been released in 2000, no longer interior the 80s, as you say, and the precis is thoroughly otherwise than you say. Sorry i could no longer help ya. in basic terms wanted to assert, to no longer watch the leprechaun, because it truly is horror. (in line with probability i'm incorrect).

• Smiley
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Can you name one of the stars?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.