3 year vs 1 year rabies vaccine for dogs...any real difference or more risk to the 3 year that anyone knows of?

My cousin works in a vet office and told me never to give my cats the 3 year rabies vaccine instead of the 1 year as it is showing to cause cancer a lot more than the one year one. Well that was a few years ago and my cousin and I never speak anymore so I can't really call and ask her but does anyone know if... show more My cousin works in a vet office and told me never to give my cats the 3 year rabies vaccine instead of the 1 year as it is showing to cause cancer a lot more than the one year one.

Well that was a few years ago and my cousin and I never speak anymore so I can't really call and ask her but does anyone know if this is also true for dogs?

I have never given any of my dogs the 3 year rabies shot. I always just take them every year for the 1 year one but it seems stupid to pay 60.00 for a shot that could cost 20.

I need to take my year old dog into the vet next month for her rabies booster and I know they will assume I want to do the 3 year one and I was just curious if there was any info out there that anyone is aware of on dogs.

Thanks