Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why do Atheists hate God?

*coughs*

Best Answer

I cannot hate what does not exist

• Juanna4 years agoReport

you have either one, God or the devil. if your not for God, than your for the devil, its as simple as that. why would i be an atheist ? most atheist I've met are mean and nasty and hateful people who say the same thing over and over again, "theres no evidence".

Your assertion that atheists hate god just shows emotional insecurity.

If someone says something does not exist, you may perceive it as an attack on something you value very much. So rather than admit that you feel attacked, you ask an invalid question. I hate the Judeo-Christian God no more than I hate magical faeries or other outdated gods. It is hard to imagine a time when Christianity will be relegated to the domain of defunct gods, e.g. the Greek gods, but given enough time, I suppose it is possible. Then, it will just be another myth, dismissed as easily as Christians dismiss other deities

• Juanna4 years agoReport

you just admitted you hate God o_O. whatever happened in your life is no excuse to say God is not real, seriously we all have problems, the difference between you and me is that i just want an answer. you hate to be judged but yet you judge God and people who believe.

Atheists don't hate God, because atheists don't believe He exists. Some hate the followers of God because some atheists see theists as insane. Some hate the concept of God because they feel it is harmful to humanity.

As with theists, however, it's difficult to say all atheists agree on and believe in the same thing or feel the same way.

Atheist do not hate what others believe to be god. They simply don't buy into the mythology as being literal truth and so they don't believe in a literal god.

Interestingly, when one actually studies mythology, one quickly learns that the original authors of such never intended for thes moral, ethical teaching to be taken literally.

Funny how things get twisted by those who has a lot to gain by misleading the uneducated however, their "profits" have lead them astray (pun intended).

namaste

• Moth

The atheists I know have issues with the church. Usually the ones that dislike God, dislike an idea of God that I wouldn't like either. Wrathful, tossing people into Hell that don't agree with him a monster really.

Woah there. Lol that's like saying why do Christians hate unicorns. Just because people don't believe in something doesn't mean they hate it. It just means it they don't believe in it. When did the word believe become the word love?

I just hate the people who want to make me believe in god

Atheists refuse to believe there is a God because a God means rules and they dont want to live by rules. Overall its a stupid way of living.

Source(s): wisdom
    • ROBERT3 years agoReport

Why do you refuse to believe in Allah? Because Allah means rules and that you don't want to live by rules?

Now let me give you a dose of your own medicine. Christians have the urge to maim, hurt and rape people (and animals too). The only thing that is stopping them is their belief in their god.

For the same reason you hate those funny looking little pink puchpinols that creep into your mind. Oh, you don't? Neither do they.

That'd be like me saying I hate Scooby Doo.

You are missing the point, methinks.

Source(s): Agnostic

I can't hate God any more than I could hate Freddy Kruger, Lex Luther, Jason Vorhees, and other fictional sadists.

To quote a bumper sticker, "It's not God I have a problem with. It's his fan club I can't stand."

Source(s): *drink*