If I feel bad for all my sins, will God forgive me?

Okay so this is a long thing to type right now, but I hope you can read it all:

So lets start it this way, Im a 14 year old girl, and I have sinned. A lot.

Okay so I have stolen before, like a pin or a hair tye from a friend, well not steal but like you know borrowed it and never gave it back and things like that, my friend stole gum and i didn't do anything...i feel bad I used God and Jesus' name in vain for a LONG time and I do tend to get very lazy..I eat too much and don't think of how I should be grateful.

Then the worst ones:

I masturbate(d) and I watched porn for 2 years and enjoying it. I didn't know it was a sin! Then i found out it was a while ago but still did it. I feel so ashamed.. I really want to stop will god forgive me?( i have lusted unknowingly) i hav face book and i wasn't supposed to (im going to de activate it) and worst of all

i doubted God at one point, saying he wasn't real and fake. I still think that well maybe he isn't there when i talk to him in my mind. I really want to believe him and I Want to be a good person !

my parents are greek orthodox and we don;pt go to church i am trying to get a bible and talk to him more, i know no prayers but if i dont know any but talk to Him will ge forgive me for all my sins?

I am scared, can you help?

Favorite Answer

Hang in there! God hears you.

It's helpful that we feel bad when we do wrong things — that's our soul hurting because it's injured, the same way a broken arm does. But even if you never break a bone again, you've still got to treat the break you've already got. That is what the Orthodox Church has Confession for — it's about getting healed. I know you don't have much experience with Church, but there's no time like the present to get some — and you are old enough now to go on your own if you want.

So, what's Confession? You go to talk to God, and the priest is there to help you, give you advice, and be your connection to the rest of the Church. Probably you'll sit in a pew together, or in his office, in front of an icon of Jesus. Confession can be a little scary at first, but it helps us to realize that we're not alone. Every Christian struggles with sin! And it's a spiritual medicine — it's not something I can explain, but I think you'll see what I mean.

What do you say? Well, you just say everything you feel bad about! It's hard to mention some sins, especially sexual ones, but remember that the priest has heard it *all* before, hundreds of times (seriously). Plus, he has to keep it a secret from *everyone*, even from your parents — there's no stricter rule in the Church. Finally, if you're worried he'll think worse of you — don't worry. Actually, he'll think more of you because you're being brave and because you care about doing what's right.

Just call your priest, or talk to him after the Sunday service, and ask to set it up. If he can't for some reason, you can ask any Orthodox priest. In fact, if you are going to Church on your own, you may as well go to whatever Orthodox parish you like best — an OCA or Antiochian parish, for example, might use a lot more English than a Greek parish.

But *don't* wait for Confession to talk to God and ask forgiveness. Confession is important and it helps us — but you don't need icons or priests or anything to talk to God! So ask Him for forgiveness as soon as your conscience bothers you. Decide not to do it again, and then tell Christ how you feel: that you want Him to forgive you, and that you've made the decision to stop. Definitely ask for His help — we won't get anywhere alone. Then put the past aside until it's time to get completely healed-up in Confession.

Even if we fall down a million times, all God asks of us two things. First, we have to "get up" — to ask Him for forgiveness and decide to start fighting again, with His help. Second, we have to forgive people who've done us wrong.

Oh, and one last thing: A Christian *is* supposed to resist sin, but that's not the *point* of being a Christian. The point is to love God and to love the people around us. So don't spend all your time praying about sin! Be thankful, pray for yourself, pray for your friends, and pray for your enemies. (If you remember, put in a word for "Polytropos," too!) Be kind to *everyone*, never look down on *anyone* , and remember that God really, really loves you!

+

Source(s): I study Eastern Christian theology, but, more importantly, I've had a lifetime of being an Orthodox Christian, a lifetime of sinning, and a lifetime of being forgiven. * A good short article on Confession: http://www.greekorthodox.org.au/general/livinganor... * How to find a parish: - - - General: http://orthodoxyinamerica.org/lr_v10/locator.php?c... - - - Greek: http://www.goarch.org/parishes/ - - - OCA: http://www.oca.org/DIRlists.parish.asp?SID=9 - - - Antiochian: http://www.antiochian.org/parishes/statedirectory/... * Getting a Bible: - - - The Orthodox Study Bible: http://tinyurl.com/osb-amazon - - - That Study Bible is pretty huge, so you may want the New-Testament-only, paperback version: http://tinyurl.com/osb-nt-only - - - - - - - There are also cheaper, used copies at Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/osb-nt-amazon

The good news is Jesus died on the cross and paid the penalty for our sins so that we would be forgiven and spend eternal life with him in heaven. You are saved by this and the belief that Jesus is the son of God. If so, all your sins are forgiven.

You should unburden your heart. You have not done anything that is not frequently part of maturing. To the extent that you believe that your conduct separates you from God (and is therefore "sin") you should work to avoid that conduct. Ask for the forgiveness of your sins and have faith in the Mercy of God.

If you are 14 you don't even know sin yet...you just started swimming in it...you have a lot of years in this world to say you know sin. And every teenager does what you are doing you are no different then any of Us.

Kill someone, Steal Lots of Money, sell Lots of Drugs to Kids, and Have many Kids with Many women...Then we can talk about your sin.

all your sin were taken away when jesus died for the sins of the whole world took them away from the eyes of god never to see the again this is what you belive by faith in and at that moment jesus raises you to spiritual life. receiving the offer of life, read 1john5:11,13

Source(s): Me

I have committed more sins than anyone on this planet and God forgives me. Speak (pray) to God and say whatever is on your mind. Speak to Him as a friend, and always give thanks. God willingly forgives us if we truly seek His forgiveness.

God is not pleased with repetitious prayers, He wants us to speak to Him from our hearts.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ~ 1 john 1:9

So yes Jesus is willing to forgive you now. Of all sins, but you must confess and repent. Turn away from sin by trusting in Jesus and live for Him...

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. ~ Romans 8:12-14

Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming on those who are disobedient. ~ Colossians 3:5-6

God has called us to purity, to holiness. (Leviticus 11:45, 1 Peter 1:3-6). Now when God commands us He also gives us the power to overcome.

God has promised to cleanse us of unrighteousness but you must trust His promise through faith. Jesus came to save us from our sins when you have time I really recommend this free sermon...

http://www.amazingfacts.org/Television/Everlasting...

And remember...

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts. ~ Romans 13:14

Cut off all forms of temptation, if that means the computer in regards to porn then get rid of it or have someone put a password on it so that you can't access it when you are alone. Get rid of any videos, papers etc. God can give you victory but you must choose to surrender to Him, ask Him and trust in Him. He will give you the victory you must simply believe His promises and surrender to Him!

Some extra promises...

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. ~ 1 Corinthians 10:12-13

Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” ~ Matthew 26:41

So pray that God will keep you even from temptation.

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. ~ 1 Corinthians 6:18

Summary to help you overcome sin -----

1 - Flee from it ~ 1 Corinthians 6:18

2 - cut all forms of temptation out of your life (Matthew 5:27-30, Romans 13:14)

3 - Set your mind on things above ~ Col 3:1-2

4 - Ask Him for help - Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. ~ Matthew 7:7

5 - confess your sins 1 John 1:9

6 - Trust and surrender your life to Him!

Remember apart from Him we can do nothing! ~ John 15:5

7 - Read His word the Bible ~ John 15:3, Matthew 4:4

For study resources and helpful sermons this link will help...

http://www.amazingfacts.org/Default.aspx

God bless!

ask for forgiveness be actually sorry for it and you will be forgiven. but a lot of that is not a Sin.

If you ask for forgiveness, and truly mean it, you will be forgiven.