Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is kebab healthy or unhealthy?

I've been thinking of getting a kebab, but i'm on a diet and i'm not sure if its healthy or unhealthy, any info?

I'm just going to eat grilled chicken and salad, and maybe 1 pitta bread with taramasalata.

I believe grilled chicken is healthy and so is salad. If this is not healthy explain why.

Thanks, all help is appreciated.

Seb

Best Answer

I have congestive heart failure and read an article that you shouldn't eat more then a 1/2 pound of meat a week. chicken is good, so is salad, Went crazy eating last few months and gained 22 pounds now have to take it off. Start eating right I did all the wrong thinks including smoking, drinking, etc. at 58 had two heart attacks and quad by-pass, can hardly breath have diabetes, aneurysm. Believe me been in pain since the operation and that was 9 years ago. Learn and do all the right things, this is hell

1

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Guide : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?DqeQ
  • Ulina

This is one of the healthiest takeaways there is. You're right that grilled chicken and salad are healthy. The only drawback is that it's white bread for the pitta rather than brown which would be healthier. Not a major issue as a one off though so I would say go for it. X

(PS- To answerer above, a kebab is not just a word for food on a skewer, it is also food in a pitta bread X)

Is Chicken Kebab Healthy

Kebabs ARE the healhiest takeaways on the market. You get loads of salad (of course if you have the chips too then that is different!) otherwise kebabs on their own are very healthy. You might want to consider free range chicken, it's much tastier than hens that have been treated badly, cooped up in small cages and forced food. Free range live a natural life and eat good food. Organic is even better!

Well, at least you're not going for a take-away one! I recall, back when Paul "Gazza" Gascoigne was big news, a foodie chap suggested that a chicken doner was better than the anonymous meat one.

How much fat in the taramasalata?

• Karen

The crappy ones from the scruffy takeaway are!! Best donner kebab I had was in Turkey.. chicken breast with spices wrapped aronund a pole with tomatoes and chillies to enhance the flavour. All this in special freshley baked bread with salad and garlic sauce. They were the best.

The Paleo Diet is an effort to eat like we used to back in the day, way back in the day. If a caveman couldn’t eat it, neither can you. Read more https://tr.im/vWucA

This means anything we could hunt or find meats, fish, nuts, leafy greens, regional veggies, and seeds. Sorry, the pasta, cereal, and candy will have to go! Instead, you’ll be making things like chicken stir fry and paleo spaghetti.

Fruit and Vegetables both are too Important for our body and the two are tasty so I like both.. and both are packed with VitaminsA, E, B, C and.. minerals.. and packed with energy with protein

2