Advice on xanax dosage?

I recently started seeing a psychiatrist and was put on a bar of xanax a day(2 1mg tablets) for mild/unbearable anxieties and worries and also suffer from mild panic attacks. And at first they seem'd like a god send. I didnt feel the need to smoke cigerettes back to back, bite my nails, ability to meet and... show more I recently started seeing a psychiatrist and was put on a bar of xanax a day(2 1mg tablets) for mild/unbearable anxieties and worries and also suffer from mild panic attacks. And at first they seem'd like a god send. I didnt feel the need to smoke cigerettes back to back, bite my nails, ability to meet and conversate with strangers, working much better at work, etc.. But the past few weeks it seems like i can tell their not workin like they did the first month i was taking them. Now i can tell when the drug begins to wear off, around 4-5 hours i assume, and have started having to keep note of when i take my last dose so i know when to take another one. But i dont want to over-medicate, and get addicted or run out to soon and half to suffer the withdrawals. Is it uncommon that i have already developed a slight tolerance and need to have my dosage up'd or try seeking a different solution. I'm in the process of being promoted at my job and don't want to risk that oppourtunity by having a nervous breakdown due to the new responsibilities im picking up and new things i'm learning. What should i do?
Update: Also forgot to mention that i suffer from insomnia, before i started takin the xanax i couldnt go to sleep till around the time the sun came up, now i can fall asleep when i please and are ready for a full days work. I feel like if they jus lasted longer everything would be better. But like i said, im about to be... show more Also forgot to mention that i suffer from insomnia, before i started takin the xanax i couldnt go to sleep till around the time the sun came up, now i can fall asleep when i please and are ready for a full days work. I feel like if they jus lasted longer everything would be better. But like i said, im about to be set up with a good position at work and dont wan't to jepordize it. Which is causing me even more stress. Would it be unethical to up dosage or dangerous to switch to maybe something that lasted longer. I've only been on them about two months, should i be scared of acquiring a tolerence so fast or is that common?
Update 2: Sorry, another edit, but i dont get drowzy or anything from them, like i said they seem to be helping me alot, but sometimes i jus have crappy days and can tell when it stops working, even co-workers,(who are aware of my situation) will ask me if ive taken my medication, and their usually right, itll be when i... show more Sorry, another edit, but i dont get drowzy or anything from them, like i said they seem to be helping me alot, but sometimes i jus have crappy days and can tell when it stops working, even co-workers,(who are aware of my situation) will ask me if ive taken my medication, and their usually right, itll be when i havent taken it. I dont get drowzee or anything like i've read others get, they just make me feel like me. Instead of a head full of problems and no idea what to do about them. But would it be safe to try and get a higher dosage or should try another drug for my problems, jus sitting here talkin about this is gettin me real anxious, i need answers NOW!!!lol, jk not that bad, but its definately stressing me out and im not sure what i should do. I go back to my doctor friday and need some advice on what i should do, i know hes the doctor, but i have my own concerns myself.