Veronica asked in PetsHorses · 1 decade ago

Good lesson barns near Elgin, IL?

Hello,

I'm 19 years old and have been riding for 10 years. In the past I've owned three horses, but a couple years go I unfortunately had to sell my horse and give up riding for a bit. I'm missing it so much and looking to get back in the saddle! I hope that after graduating cosmetology school I'll be able to buy myself a horse again and just enjoy one-on-one horse time, but until then I don't want to lose everything I've gained and I'm looking for a good, affordable english (hunter/jumper) lesson barn near the Elgin, IL area.

Please let me know your experiences, too!

Thanks so much, I look forward to hearing from everyone!

-Veronica

Favorite Answer

Well I live in Bartlett IL and there is a Stable named Jaynesway Farms in Bartlett off of route 59.

I know there is another stable in/close to Schamburge IL and its called Perfecta Farms Im no so familiar with that and then

there is Lamplight.

My Horse goes there for shows but I think they board there too buts its expensive.

But Jaynesway is nice i think They have lessons for 35$ for half our and like 55$ for and hour for private and you can board there.

They have two schooling shows a year amd a nice large indoor arena in winter that is heated and a large out door arena for jumping in the spring, summer, and fall, also they have round pens and other closed in sand ground places to ride.

Kinda cold for that now isn't it? :-) I used to live in Dundee