Is "democracy" in Iran as important for USA government as in other countries?

"Why are we so taken by Iran’s election dispute when the rest of the Middle East stages rigged polls, year after year, without a hint of international protest? Why does no one complain about Tunisia, where Zine al Abidine Ben Ali won 94.5 per cent of the vote in 2004; Egypt, where Hosni Mubarak scored 88 per... show more "Why are we so taken by Iran’s election dispute when the rest of the Middle East stages rigged polls, year after year, without a hint of international protest?
Why does no one complain about Tunisia, where Zine al Abidine Ben Ali won 94.5 per cent of the vote in 2004; Egypt, where Hosni Mubarak scored 88 per cent the following year; and Algeria, where Abdelaziz Bouteflika achieved more than 90 per cent this year?"

read the rest here:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/d5ffd4a0-6a3d-11...

P.S.
1. I should mention that I myself have serious doubts about the election results in Iran and pursue the matter. I voted against the current president of Iran; but other than the debates going on in Iran, I also find it interesting that why USA does that much about Iran. US government certainly knows that supporting any politician in Iran is equal to labeling him/her as "US agent". is it such a big request if Iranians willing to have change in their country ask US government to stay hell out of this and stop "spreading democracy" in Iran? the can pay attention and "help" other countries in this while. your understanding is highly appreciated dear Mr. Obama.

2. also I should mention that all the above is about US government not the nation and good American friends who supported Iranians' democratic movements as well other nationalities. I hope the difference is clear.
Update: gcbtrading: who is the sheep here? did you even read what I have wrote? I'm against the current guy and have doubts about the results; it's something different. those who think their army is "spreading democracy" are sheep my friend.