Is it fair that I have to pay my husband's speeding ticket?

in February my husband got flashed by a local speed camera and about a week later, received his ticket by mail. He believed that if he ignored it, it would go away because he thinks the speed cameras are unlawful. :-\ He requested that I not answer the door for anyone I do not recognize in case it might be a... show more in February my husband got flashed by a local speed camera and about a week later, received his ticket by mail. He believed that if he ignored it, it would go away because he thinks the speed cameras are unlawful. :-\
He requested that I not answer the door for anyone I do not recognize in case it might be a process server and if I get approached by a process server, I am not supposed to tell them I am related. Whatever, fine.

Well it's now July and I neither of us had seen hide or tail of a process server. The other day I was relaxing on the couch and slipping off to sleep when a very loud knock came to the door. Wearily, I opened the door to see a man who immediatly threw the papers in my face and said "You've been served!" then walked away.

My husband was so angry with me. He told me that I must pay for his ticket. Does that seem fair?