Claire asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How much are French Bulldogs from pet stores?

Please don't tell me to go to a pound a breeder, I just want the answer to the question I asked. Thanks!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Average Puppy Price is £500- £800. don't know if this will help

Source(s): the internet
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Please take a look at this video as it's one of many that document the atrocities of where pet stores get their puppies from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P75qYN2cVbU

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Buying dogs from pet stores only helps to perpetuate the cycle and the cage'll be empty for a brief period of time while the store orders another puppy to have "in stock"...

The selling of animals as commodties is a shameful practice and people that get their dogs from pet stores are GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY of participating in this cruel and inhumane practice... Hobby breeders strive to exhibit their dogs, have them properly health-screened and to only breed selectively...

You can buy a costly dog from a pet store - it's your money after all - but be ready to open up your wallet and shell out thousands of more dollars for your puppy because the store'll NEVER honor the health warranty unless you return the puppy so they can euthanize it and they'll still never refund your money... French Bulldogs are brachycephalic and can have osteo or spinal conditions because they're a dwarfed breed... They can have luxating patellas, corneal problems, hearing deficiencies, hypothyroidism, congenital heart defects or severe allergies so WHY, WHY, WHY would you ever risk buying a dog of unknown origins and of dubious provenance?

You should also know that French Bulldog puppies from puppy-mills lack proper socialization and because they're such "valuable" commodities, they're yanked from their mothers and milked by larger-sized dogs... They contract mites and worms, so you'll inevitably be treating the dog for tapeworms and / or demodex mange...

Now go ahead and buy from the posh pet store that lies to the customers and tells people that all their dogs come from loving and reputable breeders... Lies, lies, lies! because NO ETHICAL BREEDER will EVER, EVER, EVER sell their puppies through brokers or middlemen. And whatever that dog costs you at the pet store, multiply that by four and invest in a good insurance plan because you'll be shelling out thousands of dollars on treatments and surgeries for your ill-bred dog.

Sheesh, good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Why on earth would you want to buy from a pet store AKA puppy mill dog? Pet stores up the price so why on earth would you WANT to willing buy from a pet store when there are shelters and reputable breeders out there? Hell why not just buy direct from a BYB? Its prob. cheaper, but not in the long run you are going have fun with all those vet bills. Good luck honey!

Source(s): Owner of bully breeds
  • 1 decade ago

Really? You'd actually buy a French Bulldog from a pet store (supplied, as they all are, by puppy mills) rather than a responsible breeder?

You must love your vet.

http://www.frenchbulldogclub.org/ht/d/sp/i/229/pid...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • In my experience, a poorly-bred puppy from a pet store will acutally cost more than a well-bred puppy from a good breeder.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

More than they are worth. They are supplied by puppy mills so the price the store pays for them is significantly less than what they sell them for.

The pet store by me (that has protesters at it constantly) sells dogs starting at 800 USD. You will spend much more than that in vet bills the first year.

• 1 decade ago

Overpriced from pet stores and then add the vet bills you will probably have later cause it's a pet store dog and who knows where they came from.

• 1 decade ago

Too much...plus all the vet bills you will be paying because they come from BYB's and puppymills. Do some research on where petstores get their pups.

• 1 decade ago

too much.. plus the thousands of vet bills.. and the pain and suffering of the puppy's parents.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.