Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Why is the media making up crap about Michael Jackson, saying he is the 1st artist?

to appeal to both black and white people, Guess they never heard of James Brown or Chuck Berry or Martha and the Vandellas and Little Richard from the 1950's

Ghost of Jane Doe I'm 43

Favorite Answer

I'm white and I grew up listening to Amos Milburn, Big Joe Turner, Ruth Brown and Lloyd Price from my dad (Elvis Presley and Gene Vincent from my mom). Diana Ross and the Supremes were huge with white people, so were The Ronettes, Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, Jimi Hendrix....could go on and on. Michael Jackson was not the first black artist who both blacks and whites listened to. I guess the media is exaggerating every aspect of Michael Jackson's life right now to make it seem like he was the first to do everything even if he wasn't, and he was the biggest at everything ever, even the things he wasn't the biggest at. He was massive, innovative and hugely influential, but he wasn't the beginning and the end of everything that's ever happened in popular music.

• Mary

Michael sold more records than they did. I like James Brown and he WAS deemed the Godfather of soul... He was also MJ's inspiration.

Source(s): I'm over 40 and was able to listen to the others in my home, lol

You don't get it. Apparently, you're under 40.

He was the first one who was allowed to be LISTENED TO in white homes. It was VERY separate back then.

Take a f*cking history lesson.

he is the #1 SELLING artist...both album sales and concert tickets