What is the difference between the Watchtower Society's gospel and the gospel of Jesus Chris?

Jesus Christ

Sushine: JWs are eternally dangerous people

PLEASE friends report " me me me" account, it is blocked.

I wonder how one can be in peace and act against the community guide lines.

I am not scared of JWs, I am sad though. All false teaching is leading people to eternal separation from God. Islam spreads faster than Watchtower Society's propaganda

Favorite Answer

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that:

a. The gospel to be preached now is primarily the good news that the kingdom of God was invisibly established in the year 1914.

b. By believing in Christ and by taking refuge in Jehovah's organization, men can now hope to survive the coming great tribulation and enter directly into the earthly realm of the Kingdom.

c. The gospel preached by Jehovah's Witnesses is the same gospel as that preached by the apostle Paul.

What was the gospel preached by the apostle Paul?

1 Cor 1:17-18,23-24-For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel-not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God...but we preach CHRIST CRUCIFIED: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1 Cor 15:1-4-Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of FIRST IMPORTANCE: that CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

Col 1:19-23-For God was well pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has RECONCILED YOU BY CHRIST'S PHYSICAL BODY through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation-if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Does the gospel preached by Jehovah's Witnesses differ from that preached by Christians throughout the centuries?

"Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah's Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah's Witnesses is really "gospel" or "good news," as of God's heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914." (Watchtower, May 1, 1981, p. 17)

What should be our response to a gospel other than the one Paul preached?

Gal 1:8-9-But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians 11:3,4

But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Summary:

a. The gospel is primarily the good news of our redemption by the blood of Jesus Christ, which redemption is to be appropriated by faith.

b. The gospel preached by the apostle Paul was primarily "Christ crucified."

c. The gospel preached by Jehovah's Witnesses is very different from that which was preached by the apostle Paul and by Christians throughout the centuries.

d. The message and the messengers of the gospel preached by Jehovah's Witnesses are to be accursed.

P.13 of the Truth that leads to Eternal Life reads as follows......

"We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with Gods Word, or they based on traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination. if should be the sincere desire of every one of us to learn what Gods will is for us and then do it."

If the words: Jesus, Jehovah, Christ, salvation, Holy Spirit, etc are the same words used by "christendom," as well as the Watchtower (wtbts), Jehovah witnesses, then we are associated. They try desparately to say they are not associated with any one but themselves, and thereby making p13 of the truth moot. It is my sincere hope they use their curiosity to truly AWake

Words have meaning, and by definition, they tell you something. However, If you try to discuss anything other than what they have been taught at Kingdom Hall, you are "blinded by Satan" Only their version of Truth is meat in due season" However, on p 52 of "The Word-Who is He?According to John? , they do address the issue of John 1:1, and state "It means our salvation" I will agree, it does mean their Salvation. It is here they render it "a god," which separates Christ from being intrinsically God, to the position of a lesser or demi god.

Gramatically, exegetically, and contextually it cannot be correctly translated "a god"

In John 8, Jesus is asked :who are you" to which He quoted Jehovah at the burning bush "I AM" The Watchtower tries to translate that "I have been". To expose the folly of that passage, you only have to read a few verses before it in their Greek interlinear and it is I AM"

I would be a Jehovah Witness in a New York second, if they had the truth on who Jesus said He is. They simply dont, they are following a false Christ , using all the vernacular of the Bible, with wretched translations. They have never had a Greek scholar, when they quoted secular Greek scholars, they received letters to cease and desist misquoting their manuals.

I cannot fault their zeal, nor their efforts of learning and Saturday morning witnessing. They were marginalized and persecuted in Hitlers camps in WW 2. They all certainly do speak the same thing and are unified in their presentations. However, the Scholastic Dishonesty of the Watchtower and CT Russell has truly blinded them from the real Jesus, the Eternal God the Son......and unless they see this, it will "mean their salvation" was based on a false Jesus, a counterfeit gospel. .

Source(s): New World Translation, The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures, Dana & Mantey Greek Manual

The JW's have a false gospel of works. The Bible makes it clear that our salvation is by the grace of God. All we have to do is believe. The JW's are a hell bound destructive religious group that posts demonic images in their publications because of Satan being the god they follow.

The Watchtower Society denies Jesus is God and refuses to obey His teaching on Baptism. He said "Baptise in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit". They refuse to use these words in Baptism and are obviously some of the false teachers Jesus warned about. They only invented their religion in the 19th century and then tried to tell us that almost two thousand years of Christian teaching and belief was wrong and they were right. Anyone who falls for that one must be stupid. They also try to tell the Catholic Church (the original Church of the Apostles) which compiled the Bible, that its interpretation of the Bible is wrong!!!

Who gave them the authority to self-interpret the book of the Catholic Church (the Bible) and then have the audacity to tell that Church and other Christians they are wrong?

• quirk

i could think of the 1st is the message of salvation that with the aid of believing that Jesus is the Son of God made flesh who died and rose returned to go through for our sins if we confess to him and allow him to be the fee for them then we are saved from an eternity in hell separated from god and tormented with the aid of the outcasts of Satana nd hsi evil demons. the 2d is only all approximately jesus and his lif and prophecies and so on - the certainty approximately Him interior the scriptures - it isn't the direct message.

Isaiah 43:10-11, "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour."

Matthew 1:23, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

1 Timothy 3:16, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Exodus 23:13, "And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth."

Philippians 2:10-11, "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Are all things done in the name of Jesus Christ?

Colossians 3:17, "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."

2 Thessalonians 1:12, "That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 John 4:3, "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

1 John 5:20, "And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life."

John 14:6-7, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."

The Watchtower's gospel is one of usurping His authority as they objectify Christ and call Him Michael the archangel.

Watchtower is screwed up. They translate the Bible to fit there own doctrines. The other Bibles from legitimate churches translate the Bible as it was meant to be translated.

Works vs grace.

The watchtower doesn't have a gospel; the word "gospel" means good news and the only genuine source of good news is found in the bible.

More than any other religion, Jehovah's witnesses and their publications draw attention to the bible, They carry the bible from door to door reading and reasoning on Jesus words. They publicise the King (Jesus) and his kingdom and spend literally billions of hours reading the gospel found in God's word to people. Who else is obeying the command in Matthew 28: 19, 20?

If someone came to your door smartly dressed saying they wanted to read a scripture from the gospel about the good news of Jesus who would you guess they were? Catholic?

Jesus said "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." (King James Version)

Who is doing this?